Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

Old June 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
First Mate

Default Pools On Board All Ships - Is It Me??

The first time I ever cruised, I noticed how small the on board pools were and the fact that there was NO WAY 2-4k passengers could be accommodated by them. They were always packed like sardines and never looked at all tempting as a result. Since then, I have found other ships have equally small pools and the same problem with overcrowding. Hence, I have never once even bothered to go to the pool area - not even to try to get a lounge chair to lay out. Who wants to fight the crowds and chair hogs? Am I the only one who LIKES pools but avoids them on cruise ships??
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
The first time I ever cruised, I noticed how small the on board pools were and the fact that there was NO WAY 2-4k passengers could be accommodated by them. They were always packed like sardines and never looked at all tempting as a result. Since then, I have found other ships have equally small pools and the same problem with overcrowding. Hence, I have never once even bothered to go to the pool area - not even to try to get a lounge chair to lay out. Who wants to fight the crowds and chair hogs? Am I the only one who LIKES pools but avoids them on cruise ships??
Actually I don't like pools on ships or at anyones house for that matter...instead of laying at the pool I would rather sit in the Library and read a good book or magazine that I brought with me or sit on the Veranda. I always booked a Veranda on all cruises...the Crystal cruise in december will be no different.
Old June 14th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Never been in a pool on a ship nor wished to sit near one, looks dreadful...then there is the chair hogs thing...
Old June 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Admiral

I always get 2nd dinner and then use the pool during first seating when half the ship is eating. Gives me from 6-8:30, plenty of time for a dip or soak in the hotub and never crowded.
Old June 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace View Post
I always get 2nd dinner and then use the pool during first seating when half the ship is eating. Gives me from 6-8:30, plenty of time for a dip or soak in the hotub and never crowded.
Yup, that's the system....

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Admiral

I love the aft pools on Princess. I do tend to stay away from the main pool area but that aft, with that view....love it

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Only time we've ever use the pool is when in port...when MOST everyone is off the ship. Nice and quite.

On RCCL, Holland and Celebrity (the only lines we've been on...so far)they empty and refill the pool daily...so not really worried by the yukkies that would concern me in a hotel/motel pool or spa.