Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

Old March 1st, 2004, 10:53 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne
Default ships, ships, and ships!!!!

I saw this done at another forum, and I was seeing what you guys think about this. When you guys talk about cruises and/or ships at school or anywhere, how does you friends interact about that?

Alot of my friends are into sport cars and they would print out many pictures of Porshe, Ferrari, Lamborginis, etc and put them in the binder. One time I stuck a Carnival wing funnel on the front cover or my binder and some of my friends would give me that stare of "What the heck are you thinking?". Sometimes by friends would come over and see my room fill with cruise brochures and they would be like "How much more did you get within the last week!" Its like they dream of owning a really nice sports car, while I dream of owning ships or even have my own cruise line!

My parents sometimes think I am a little too obsess with ships, but on the other hand, they are already getting the garden and backyard ready for the spring season. I am proud to be a ship loony and would stay that way...I am already planning to get a shelf and get some cruise ships and ocean liners models!

Post Edited (03-01-04 21:54)
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030
Default Re: ships, ships, and ships!!!!

Kudos to you Wayne. Don't let anyone tell you what you should like...it's great that you have something you are interested in!!

Old March 2nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to ttbryson

Whenever I talk about cruising to my friends they're always kinda quiet and sometimes say its gay or w/e... lol ... I personally think it's maybe that they're jelous they haven't been on a cruise ( don't take me the wrong way here... I'm for sure NOT saying im better than anyone) But when I came back from my cruise and had about a thousand stories to tell about how awesome it was I guess they get a little fustrated with how much I talked about it, and to this day I sometimes think of something new that I remember from that cruise.

Wayne I actually have a large model of the QE2, and was maybe too young to appreciate it (was 10 when I got it from my grandpa) cuz a few of the lifeboats etc. are broken off lol ya I think its a cool idea tho if cruise ships are really interesting to you.

Sometimes if im bored i'll research cruises etc go on these forums or w/e... and my mom says stuff like "dont you know enough about cruising already?!?!" haha so believe me you're not alone.

I really look at cruise ships in a different light than the average person would... I kinda see them more than a thing to get around in but almost an art-form in the way they are designed... floating cities at sea. It is impressive how on the Mariner for example it holds a max of 3,807 passengers, is over 1000 FEET long and at points over 160 FEET wide. They truly are cities at sea. Wayne I know you're a lil more of a classic ship supporter lol ... but I believe some of this still applies in the way ships are truely - a work of art.

(reference webpage for voyager class)
Homepage - http://perso.club-internet.fr/guillaumin_mj/home.html

Facts+Figures - http://perso.club-internet.fr/guilla...s&figures.html

--------------------
HAL - Oosterdam - May 05
RCI - Mariner of the Seas - August 04
HAL - Volendam - July 03
Old March 2nd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne
Default Re: Re: ships, ships, and ships!!!!

Well its like cruise ships is like one of my hobbies...Don't get me wrong, but I like cars, music, NBA, etc, but it just seems that not much of my friends has the ships in it too.

<<Wayne I know you're a lil more of a classic ship supporter lol ... >>
HAHAHA...well some ships like the QE2, I definately like just cuz the rich history and elegance, but to me I am more into the design of the ship. For example, I hate Carnival's generic ships, but when it comes to Voyager-class...MAGNIFICENT!!! lol
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to cruiseprincess0708 Send a message via MSN to cruiseprincess0708

Omg Tyler n Wayne ( My favorite cruisemates buddies!!) My friends do the same things. One time I had an RCI book in my back pack and i had it in my locker and my friends were like wat the heck are you planing?!?!?! Im like the oly one in my group of friends...beteer yet in my class that has gone on a cruise. My english teacher is asking me to plan her one! I love it!
XoXo
Jenna