Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old March 8th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Admiral

Default HAPPY HUMP DAY !!!

hi yall - been crazy around here getting moms house on the market & winding things up @ her one being built. Mom had been gone for 10 days & after returning yesterday she got very upset when she noticed a major "faux pas" in the new house. She is considering walking away from it, but we are waiting to hear from builders today about resolutions.
Its a lot harder than I thought to oversee this house & make decisions for someone else... Ive loved every building experience we've had in the past until now !!

Cross your fingers it will work out & her current house will sell... hope u have great day wherever you find yourselves today !!

Steph
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Steph, there is very little in a house that can't be fixed, When daughter two was building, they put the wrong color shingles on the roof . twice, installed the wrong heating and a/c system and graded the driveway in the wrong place. She simply said, read the contract, take it out/do it over. By the way, half way through they canned the project manager and brought in a new one who paid attention to what he was doing. Hope it all works out for Mom.
Cold this morning, warming up to almost spring like weather later today and later this week here in the lower Hudson Valley.
Marathon internet session last night. We booked all the excursions for our Med Cruise in September. It was like touring Europe in your mind. We travelled from the Riviera to Tuscanny, Venice, Rome, Amalfi Coast.Corfu and Dubrovnik and never left my office.
Only thing left is to plan our two day precruise stay in Barcelona.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old March 8th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning Steph, Papa and all the CM's to follow. Wednesday, already? How does that happen??????? Our weather continues to improve .....I'm looking forward to the 60's later this week. We are going to WV this weekened and their weather is always warmer than ours. So, I am really looking forward to that. You all have a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's going to warm up around here too, but do you really know what I like at this time of the year? For most of the winter, I leave the house in the morning when it's pitch black out there. Now, the skies are starting to lighten up, and before you know it, the sun will be peeking over the hills. Yep, it's almost Spring!

I took DW to the doctor's yesterday. The surgeon said things look really good with her wrists. Not only that, she's getting around better on the bum knee. She's using the crutches just to steady herself now. Before you know it, she'll be able to toss those things. Can anybody say "cruise in April?" I hope so!

Have a wonderful day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Another crazy day ahead at work, they believe they found the problem with national servers that are making documents disappear. I have heard this all before I will believe when it happens.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!

Crown Princess March 2017
Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 8th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Sunny, but nippy (9). Not much on todays agenda, work at church and work at home. No matter how much you get done it always seems like there is plenty still to do.

Trying to plan son's birthday around this remodel project. The bathroom we are re-doing is right beside the kitchen and the dust and mess is unappetizing. Best plan I can come up with is to have his friends over Sat night - for tacos and a movies. I can whip those up quickly after without lots of fuss and use paper and plastic. On Sunday take the dozen family members that are around (usually there are double that number) to a local resturant, then back home for just the cake and ice cream. I can't believe my baby will be 18 on Monday.

Hoping you all have a peaceful, productive day.
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where at -8C, or 17F, it is a bit chillier than what I got accustomed to in San Antonio the last few days! Still, it is supposed to warm up to 0C this weekend (32F) so maybe spring is on it's way!

Had a great time in S.A., loved the weather, and all the family pitched in to show us a good time in 2 short days! Can't wait to go back again...

Have a great day Mates!

donna
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the foggy moors of Minnesota. A relatively warm and foggy day here. Spring is around the corner.

Doug: Your problem reminds me of an issue we had at my old job. An AVP decided that his mortgage division could save a copy their mortgage documents to a local server instead of to the main system in Des Moines. This was in violation of Federal law plus they weren't saving anything to main, secured system. Their system crashed and guess who's people had to figure out what happened plus fix their system and get the documents restored.

In the end most people blamed my group for the problem. The AVP did a great job, with his people, of deflecting the blame to "corporate". However, in the end he went somewhere else in the company.

Gee: I miss those days.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Busy day ahead.

Not much news but just wanted to pop in to say HI

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........cold & dark.......rain til the weekend.......

Not too much going on today.......

Y'all have a good Wednesday.......

Sharon
Old March 8th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from what could be a very Stormy day here in Arkansas. I hope the thunder boomers are not in the high risk catagory.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and please stay safe.
Only 2 more sleeps and we are off to Reno to play some Keno on the machineO..
bigjohn out.
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny, cool, Jupiter Fl.
We are sitting around waiting to go down to Boynton Beach to visit my brother so I've got a little time to check in.

Sue, it's good to hear that you are having so much fun on your cruise (s).

Ed, glad to hear that your wife if recovering well from her surgeries.

Jeanne, I'm keeping Ellis in my prayers. Hope he can find something to get rid of that pain and get him back to feeling well again.

I've been trying to keep up with the reading and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

It was fun to get into chat for a little bit last night. Kuki kept my sister in stitches. I really should get her into the chat room. :-)

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! One more day of lovely "Chinook" weather for Calgary. Might see 50 F today, then colder and snow beginning again tomorrow. Almost time to tell winter to "bug off", but it's trying to be persistent.

Talking to my sister in Phoenix last night, and she was working on the seating plan for my nieces wedding, and asked who I'd like to sit with. I asked if we had any filthy rich older relatives who had no immediate family.. who I could suck up to through dinner

12 days to my land cruise to the desert.
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning Mates,
And it seems to be a good morning, the new medication is helping Ellis, thank you Phyll and everyone who gave thought and prayers for him. It worked, thank you God for listening.
Nothing is new same great SE Florida weather.
Wishing you all a great day.
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Hump Day!

Good morning from sunny, chilly Southern California. More rain and cold temps predicted. The rain we need, the cold we don't.

Today is gym day for Keith. I have to get cracking on the ironing and laundry that I have been putting off.

Have a good Wednesday, CM's.

Judy
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Admiral

A late good morning(almost 12 noon) from rainy-wet snowy Vancouver.
My dental checkup went fine. No fillings/crowns needed! He signed our passport applications/photo. Gee, those photos are BAD!!! We all look like convicts!
Kind of a bad night at work; my mind was 'going' all night-got very little sleep.
Hope everyone has good day. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
EDIT: Spoke with the hygienist about her Carnival Victory Eastern cruise in January. I guess it was quite windy,wavy. She said she would prefer more ports-SanJuan stop was at evening/night; said food & entertainment was very good. Also Miami was very cool/cold;guess she went during that cold weather Florida had.