Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

Old July 9th, 2002, 07:02 PM
*Genia*

Default formal night i need advice

On formal nights ,Disney Wonder, I was wondering what I should wear. I never been on the Disney ship before and i was wondering what kind of formal they meant. suchas cocktail dress or prom formals? help if u can please.
Old July 9th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: formal night i need advice

Hi, Genia ...

A great-looking cocktail dress/suit is more in keeping with what most women will wear rather than "prom formals", although you well see them.

Wear what is comfortable for you.

Old July 9th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Genia,

You can't go wrong if you follow the suggested attire in the information package that the cruise line provides to you about a month or two before sailing. Take the time to read the information package thoroughly, make sure that you understand it, and follow it. This is a case in which what you don't know really CAN hurt you.

Norm.
Old July 9th, 2002, 10:11 PM
*Genia*

Default Re: Re: formal night i need advice

Thanks for your help
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Admiral

:Have to agree with Pamda on this, a cocktail dress is probably more appropriate than a prom dress although I have seen them also.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety
Old August 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Hi Genia - my husband and I have sailed the Disney Wonder twice. Both the 3 day and 4 day cruises. There are no "formal" nights on the Wonder - only on the longer 7 night cruises on the Disney Magic. Dress tends to be more casual on the Wonder. I wore a nice black silk pant suit to Tritons (the most formal restaurant of the 3 nights). My husband wore a suit to both Tritons and Palo (the adults only restaurant), but many other men didn't wear a suit or sport coat. Pretty laid back.

I hope this helps.