Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

Old April 22nd, 2001, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default DESTINY dutch treet with a teen

I'm sailing on the Destiny with 2, 14yd old girls. any input out there to help?
will they like it? Should I be worried about them? Also, can anyone recommend some good shore tours. snorkeling, or beach thanks
Old April 30th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Luisa

Default Re: DESTINY dutch treet with a teen

I'm the new family cruise editor for CruiseMates.com. We were on the Destiny about a year ago and there is definitely something for everyone on the ship. My daughter was six then and loved the youth program. On your cruise, there will be a teen counselor on board organizing age appropriate activities. Most of them take place in the evenings for teenagers. Make sure your teens go to the first teen activity -- they may actually really enjoy the activities! It also gives them a way to meet other youths their age aboard ship. On port days, teens love to lounge by the pool, hang out in the jacuzzi, or take a whirl on the 200-foot spiral water slide!
Bon voyage!
Luisa Frey Gaynor