Old July 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Booking while on a cruise

I have booked an additional cruise while on board the Voyager, and received $100 ship credit. My question is this: Can one book Celebrity while on board RC? and do you still get some credit????
Old July 5th, 2005, 09:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Booking while on a cruise

Yes, I believe that you can.
Old July 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I called RCCI and ask that specific question. We were told no problem booking a future cruise for Celebrity while on a RCCI OR the other way around.

It will be interesting to see if they have the other cruise lines travel/cruise brochures so you can see what is up and coming.

We booked a Celebrity cruise to Panama while on the Mercury...but the Future Cruise Desk was really really low on brochures....
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Yeoman

Hopefully they have gotten their onboard representatives trained by now, since they do book either company. Last year, Matt on the "Jewel o/t Seas" answered me very rudely when I asked for a brochure on South America. Well, obviously "Celebrity" did and does so he grudgingly had his assistant get the brochure for me. But having vented that, I would certainly think they are all cross-trained by now ()=;>)
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:29 PM
First Mate

You would think!! The girl on Princess was rude to us and very rushy on our last cruise. It seemed like they were pushing Europe cruises. We didn't book until we came home. Mistake!! We said next time we book on the ship in order to get the shipboard credit. It is a nice perk!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi

I booked the Navigator while on Explorer I had premium pick of cabins I got cabin 1388 an aft for very cheap plus $100 on board credit. But prior to the cruise we decide where we want to go and then the last day onbaord we book the cruise.
Lexi
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Booking while on a cruise

Is the on board ship credit per person or per trip? How are the prices of the trips - the same you would find by looking at a travel agent or RCI's webpage?
Old July 8th, 2005, 01:35 PM
hcat

It's a per cabin shipboard credit. Pricess are same as internet & you can transfer your booking to your own TA who can then service your acct..
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

hcat is right. We did that when we booked our Panama Cruise. Booked on the Mercury and then had our own TA follow up. Good thing too. The cruise rep was very nice BUT did not follow up on our booking as she should have. Our TA had to do some minor corrections.

We plan to book our next future curises on ship. Perks are very very nice!

CruzNLexi has the right idea to have in mind where you want to go, etc. Again...remember the cruise rep. may not have all the right brochures. Best to know all you can about what and where you want to cruise BEFORE sitting down with the cruise rep.