Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Beginner

Default Celebrity Millenium or Royal Caribbean Liberty?

Hello,

New to these boards...sailed on Celebrity Mercury in 1999, haven't cruised since. We are planning a spring Caribbean cruise for next April.

We loved the Mercury--back in 1999, Royal Caribbean was still very moderate, it looks like they're upped their game, so we're considering them too. I'm impressed with the new ships, the photos of them look very cool. We will probably not use any skating rinks, boxing rings, or surf simulators, but a good gym is important. I also like that they have a wrap around jogging track.

I've heard that Celebrity's food is not as good as it used to be, putting them on an equal par with RC. I also wish they had a wrap around deck to jog on. However, we were impressed with the more refined atmosphere. We're in our mid-30's, but we're not party animals.

The prices between these two cruises are almost equal.

So.....any opinions? Can you help us choose? T