Old March 29th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Lightbulb For RCCL & Disney, will Carnival Vista be Game Changing??

I am very impressed with my review of the Carnival website and its Carnival Vista presentation. For RLLC & Disney fans, this ship may prove to be a game changer: as many of us (whom often pay much higher pricing) will be tempted to try this new budget friendly ship.

It looks as though we are entering a time of the "Classy Carnival" as the line strives to improve itself, from inside and out. It is hard for me, to put into words, how impressed I am of this amazing vessel!

Based on what I have reviewed online, I have a few questions for comment, by Royal & Disney fans; based on the list below.

To start off with, the Dining and activities being offered do seem amazing: I hope all goes as well, as projected!!

The New Havana rooms are impressive with their own semiprivate Club & pool. The suites with their hammocks and the special decorating used, look really great.

The family Harbor staterooms seem inspired (perhaps a recreation, for Disney guests) of Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club. The special benefits included, such as a Family VIP Lounge and "free children's meals, with specialty dining", is a great, money saving concept!

My prediction is that the Carnival Vista will be a serious potential threat to both Disney (all ships in the line) and Royal's full fleet, including Quantum/Oasis/Freedom/Navigator class vessels!!

SO my question is, would you consider the Vista, if the price was lower or the same offered by Disney or Royal? What are your thoughts on the new product being offered?

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships...val-vista.aspx

There are several areas where Carnival, is seriously stepping up their game and may give Royal C&R members pause:

1. The New Havana State rooms/suites with a hammock & special private pool and indoor/outdoor VIP Club Lounge.

2. Family Harbor stateroom/suites that are nautically decorated, with a Private VIP Family Lounge, Plus "kids eat free in specially Dining".

3. Spa level stateroom/suites, which include full spa facilities.

4. Fantastic sounding dining options, which Specialty Dining sound much better than Royal's current offering.

5. Traditional dining is kept on, with NO mention of any Dynamic intensions!!

6. Wonderful outdoor spaces with a full hanging obstacle course.

7. Very attractive main lobby with a more Latin traditional feel.

I could go on, but the ship looks real special; this coming from someone who was not into Carnival, but I need to give credit, where credit is due!!
Old March 29th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sailing Carnival

I sailed once with Carnival, the Valor in 2005 it was the worst experience at Sea we have ever had with 20 plus cruises. I will never sail with Carnival again. I will quit cruising if they are my only choice. I am loyal to Royal for ever !!
Old March 30th, 2015, 12:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

But...is Royal Loyal to you???
Old March 30th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Admiral

I have sailed twice on Carnival, and I'm not saying that they were bad cruises.
In the future, I don't expect to sail on Carnival again. I love the Royal ships and I like Celebrity for their service and overall classy experience.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old March 30th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWolsten View Post
I sailed once with Carnival, the Valor in 2005 it was the worst experience at Sea we have ever had with 20 plus cruises. I will never sail with Carnival again. I will quit cruising if they are my only choice. I am loyal to Royal for ever !!

Right up front I will tell you that we are loyal Carnival cruisers. The very first cruise we took in 1991 was with Carnival and we have cruised with them ever since except for 3 RCCL and 1 Princess cruise. We have cruised 23 times. That being said I believe the question was whether or not the new Carnival Vista will be a game changer. I believe if you are a loyal cruiser to any cruise line, it will take more than one ship to change your mind and switch to another line. However, even if I was loyal to another cruise line, I would consider a cruise on the Vista just to see what, if any differences, Carnival has made that would make me consider moving to them. And as usual, Carnival, just like RCCL and Princess, attract different cruisers. We just sailed an 11 day cruise on the Legend of the Seas. It was a good cruise but for us a tad stuffy. We enjoy the "funness" of Carnival. Too each his own

Need some cruise help?
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have to say that Carnival is the best bang for your buck in cruising, and I have enjoyed just about every Carnival cruise I have taken, but I sincerely doubt that Vista will be anything close to an industry "Game Changer". It may be a game changer for Carnival Cruises but not for the industry.

NCL's Freestyle and subsequent innovations, such as multiple dining venues, open seating main dining rooms, "true" Las Vegas style entertainment and single cabins have been game changers.

Royal Caribbean's Mega Ships that have added more activities, changed the concept of what people think of a cruise ship, with parks, ice skating, bumper cars, huge water shows, two level suites and multiple themed main dining rooms has also changed the game.

With Vista I see Carnival playing "catch up". I'm sorry but giant waterslides just don't qualify as a game changer. I anticipate that Vista will be a great alternative to the older Carnival ships but it is no game changer to the industry. Breeze was Carnival's first game changer to their brand and I believe Vista is just an extension of that. It's not your parent's Carnival anymore.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 30th, 2015, 12:02 PM
First Mate

I love RCCL but I also enjoy seeing new ships from other cruise lines. I was at the Vista reveal in NYC in January and I too was very impressed. I never thought I would cruise on Carnival again but we are going to book an 11 day from NYC to Miami. I'm also eager to sail on NCL Escape next Feb!

Carnival Fascination 11/01/04, 5N
Crown Princess 3/27/10, 7N
RCCL Oasis of the Seas 10/20/12, 7N
Celebrity Silhouette 2/09/14 7N
RCCL Quantum of the Seas - 12/01/14, 11N
NCL Epic 3/8/15 7N
NCL Escape 11/09/15 2N
NCL Breakaway 11/27/16 14N
RCCL Harmony of the Seas 11/? 3N & 2/11/17 7N
Old March 30th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Admiral

There are quite a few new ships coming out in the next few years. I don't think that any one ship can change the game. Cruiselines have plenty of modern ships with all the bells and whistles but need to take care of their customers and keep them happy. Otherwise it will be hard for them to fill all those big ships.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

For Carnival it is possible that this new ship will be a "game changer" for attracting new prospective guests from Disney (the new cabin category is decorated much like WDR Disney's Boardwalk Inn/Disney's Yacht & Beach Club) for a cost, MUCH lower than Disney's, especially in prime family vacation dates.

As, a Diamond Royal C&A member, I have noticed much great dissatisfaction with how the company has been going this past year. Being on the Maiden Voyage of the Quantum, (like the NCL Epic) I really hated the ship and the crappy Dynamic Dining!!

There are many like me, I have met, that would leave Royal for a more traditional experience. The endless "nickel & diming" by Royal and these new sets of "fake sales" which are higher priced, than non-sale cruises, makes our blood boil.

My experience is that 5 years ago, the food on the Carnival victory was better (main dining room) than most Royal ships I have been on, in past two years. Along with the Breeze, the décor is acceptable, with Vista having some refinements and cabin interior decorating, that reminds me, of the Disney ships I have been on.

As I stated many of us, are being priced out of Royal, at all levels: I normally have a balcony or a JR suite. The pricing has gone up so much on these; along with the $15.00 drinks with a mandatory 18% auto gratuity, it makes land vacations seem reasonable again!!

Yet the $15.00+ drinks are made with the cheap Oasis pre-made crap, for nearly the price of the Fountainblue down the street, from where I live, how could this be???

There are many of us, that try to sail with an open mind. My main problem with the Carnival Victory, was that I found her to be an ugly ship, inside & out. With the new non-Farcus approach to a more contemporary interior design and increased amenities; I am willing to give Carnival another chance, with its new 2.0 fleet.

If you look at the Royal board, you might be surprised how positive the comments have been about this new ship and Carnival in general. There is a big exodus brewing, which means it is possible, in the near future, you may be seeing a good many, high ranking Royalists aboard!!

Question:

How are Carnival Diamonds treated & what VIP benefits are they given, compared to Royal?

Do you all get dinner with the officers and Milestone recognition?

Is there a Diamond social hour, or private club for comped drinks and breakfast & dinner lounge offerings?

Does Carnival allow status to be transferred between the lines it owns?

Also, at what level are you given free cruises?

Just some questions, hope your having a good week.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 01:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 1st CCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbii View Post
I am very impressed with my review of the Carnival website and its Carnival Vista presentation. For RLLC & Disney fans, this ship may prove to be a game changer: as many of us (whom often pay much higher pricing) will be tempted to try this new budget friendly ship.

It looks as though we are entering a time of the "Classy Carnival" as the line strives to improve itself, from inside and out. It is hard for me, to put into words, how impressed I am of this amazing vessel!

Based on what I have reviewed online, I have a few questions for comment, by Royal & Disney fans; based on the list below.

To start off with, the Dining and activities being offered do seem amazing: I hope all goes as well, as projected!!

The New Havana rooms are impressive with their own semiprivate Club & pool. The suites with their hammocks and the special decorating used, look really great.

The family Harbor staterooms seem inspired (perhaps a recreation, for Disney guests) of Disney's Boardwalk, and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club. The special benefits included, such as a Family VIP Lounge and "free children's meals, with specialty dining", is a great, money saving concept!

My prediction is that the Carnival Vista will be a serious potential threat to both Disney (all ships in the line) and Royal's full fleet, including Quantum/Oasis/Freedom/Navigator class vessels!!

SO my question is, would you consider the Vista, if the price was lower or the same offered by Disney or Royal? What are your thoughts on the new product being offered?

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships...val-vista.aspx

There are several areas where Carnival, is seriously stepping up their game and may give Royal C&R members pause:

1. The New Havana State rooms/suites with a hammock & special private pool and indoor/outdoor VIP Club Lounge.

2. Family Harbor stateroom/suites that are nautically decorated, with a Private VIP Family Lounge, Plus "kids eat free in specially Dining".

3. Spa level stateroom/suites, which include full spa facilities.

4. Fantastic sounding dining options, which Specialty Dining sound much better than Royal's current offering.

5. Traditional dining is kept on, with NO mention of any Dynamic intensions!!

6. Wonderful outdoor spaces with a full hanging obstacle course.

7. Very attractive main lobby with a more Latin traditional feel.

I could go on, but the ship looks real special; this coming from someone who was not into Carnival, but I need to give credit, where credit is due!!
We've been on 6 cruises - all with RCCL. April, '17 will be our first Carnival cruise on Vista - senior HS trip w/families. Hoping for a good experience. Ship looks beautiful. Hoping the food/shows are comparable to Royal. Has anyone been on Vista, that's also been on numerous RCCL?