Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

Old September 26th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default It does happen, I found my pinoy that way (:

There are very very strict but it does happen. 2 yrs ago I went on a cruise and we had this amazing waiter but I was with a boyfriend at the time. Anyways he was amazing and treated us so good. Well he gave me his facebook and I looked him up and we became friends. Mind you he works a 10 month on 2 month on contract and is from the Philippines. Anyways this year I booked another cruise with just family and didn't have a boyfriend. My pinoy saw my status and my new cruuse plans and sent me a message and said "ill see you there". I was confused lol because I was going on a different ship, different port, different everything. He told me he gad signed a contract to the cruise I was going on. I was so excited because he was such an amazing guy and I wanted to see him again. I went on the second cruise and of couse I went and found him. I hugged him and we saw each other every night after. But the last night we snuck into a crew member only area and hung out. He did not try to make and advances on me. He was such a gentleman. Then I asked what would happen if we were to get caught and he said he would get fired. So I told him I wouldnt risk that. He walked some back way to my cabin and I gave him a hug goodbye. I knew I liked him for real this time, lol. I told him that I was going to make him mine one day because he had told me being pinoy they respect women, can cook an clean, they believe in only one marriage. An I respected him for being so family oriented and such a hard worker. Most american guys are so lazy and have no values. He was shocked I would even say I wanted him, like I even bought him something before I got off the ship, lol. So when he knew I felt some way he told me he liked me but the ship is so strict that he cant show that he was interested. Well since I have been off the cruise we have talked everday and I care about him so much. He is so compassionate and caring and protective. He always says he wants to take me home to his family, and I would actually go

Last edited by TravelAddict502; September 26th, 2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Wasnt finished writing
Old March 26th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat17 View Post
Just had to put my two cents in on this one. I met a crew member while in port overnight. It was 2nd night of the cruise and we ended up spending the next 5 nights together. We kept in touch and I have since been on 3 more cruises to spend time with him (at his expense) and he will be coming to my hometown next month to spend 3 weeks when his contract is up. He is an amazing guy and I have never once felt taken advantage of by him. Love can definitely happen anywhere!
Old March 26th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I just read your post. How is that possible? It is understood that there are strict rules against cruise members and guest to not have relations. I was just wondering or it depends on the ship itself?
Old June 20th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to huskyital
Default Sex with staff

A friend of mine at age 75 was pursued by a waiter who visited him twice in his cabin. I have read that someone who does this could lose his job and you could be thown off too.....but I never told my friend this.
Old June 21st, 2018, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy387 View Post
I just read your post. How is that possible? It is understood that there are strict rules against cruise members and guest to not have relations. I was just wondering or it depends on the ship itself?
The lines have strict rules, and the cruise line employee is likely to be fired if caught.

Need some cruise help?
Old June 21st, 2018, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyital View Post
A friend of mine at age 75 was pursued by a waiter who visited him twice in his cabin. I have read that someone who does this could lose his job and you could be thown off too.....but I never told my friend this.
Only the employee would be affected. Policy states they are not permitted to fraternize with guests, with the penalty being termination. They would not throw off a paying guest for something like that unless it became a serious disruption. That said, I ended up becoming friends with an entertainer for a while, but all it ever was is a friendship(not that I would have complained post cruise). I did have some chemistry with the on shore shopping girl, but understood what would happen if I pursued it, so I just chatted with her a bit when I saw her and left it at that.

Need some cruise help?
Old June 23rd, 2018, 08:04 AM
Familiar Face

Anyone can post anything here and no way to confirm it. But we can confirm the stated policy on all major cruise lines. Crew members are not allowed to have personal relationships with guests. If they are found in passengers rooms or on passengers deck, which they have no work on, they are put off at the next port. If another cruise member see and does not report they too are off the ship.

Why would any crew member risks loosing the contract they have. Crew to Crew relationships very common, it maybe is a sex party in the crew areas but not in the rest of the ship between guests and crew.