Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old November 9th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Familiar Face

Default Any places to hang out besides crew bar?

Hi I don't drink and will not waste my time hanging in crew bars. Are there a lot of crew that don't party and actually like to hang out without drinking. Are there crew areas I can spend my time when the parties go down?
Old November 9th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

depends on the ship and cruise line. yes there are crew who dont party and dont drink, and there are a lot that do. Most crew areas consist of bar, gym, internet cafe, library room, games area. They are all connected usually so you will find people milling around. People also hang out in their cabins or have cabin parties. Also depending on your rank you may have limited or free run of the ship. There are all sorts on board and you should be ok.
Old November 9th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Familiar Face

Talking Thanks again

Thank you again for your response I will be working for poa can't wait. I plan to spend my free time wisely.
Old February 6th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoist View Post
depends on the ship and cruise line. yes there are crew who dont party and dont drink, and there are a lot that do. Most crew areas consist of bar, gym, internet cafe, library room, games area. They are all connected usually so you will find people milling around. People also hang out in their cabins or have cabin parties. Also depending on your rank you may have limited or free run of the ship. There are all sorts on board and you should be ok.
Hey,
If all those areas you mentioned (bar, gym, internet cafe, library room, games area) are available for crew members (bartenders, in my case)? Or gym and library is for staff/oficers only?
Thanks in advance!