Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Crewmembers

Crewmembers If you work on a ship or have in the past

Old October 22nd, 2015, 12:24 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Lab results (Rccl)

Hello all,

I am scheduled to start with Royal Caribbean in just a few days and at the last minute they told me that I will need to bring all my medical forms including my lab results from my medical exam. I went and got my medical exam done at one of the approved facilities and they gave me the approval documentation but said that the lab tests would be done somewhere else and the results would be forwarded to Royal Caribbean. I have been calling this place for the past three days and asking them to send me the results and they continue to not respond, has anyone else out there had this problem with the approve the "approved medical providers" suggested by Royal Caribbean?and if so what did you do I really need help with this issue and fast!
Old October 22nd, 2015, 05:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

At this stage are you still dealing with your Hiring partner or are you in direct contact with RCCL now?

If you have a direct contact at RCCL, then I would suggest you write to them saying the "RCCL approved medical provider" has not responded and sent me my medical certificate.
It sounds very strange though, I dont know how they can give you approval documents if the lab tests have not been completed and need to be sent elsewhere??
When I had my tests the results came later and then I brought them with me.

Anyway if you do have an approval document then you should not have a problem. In the worst case scenario, you should still be able to sign on and then they will give you a couple of weeks to arrange for your medical to be done in port. In some ports like Cozumel I know crew used to get a medical done at the local hospital, I dont know if they still do that.

Anyway most important thing is to inform RCCL and your hiring partner of the situation.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Glad you got the job but odd they would give you a start date before all the pre-employment stuff was cleared.
I also dont understand why youd need to take your paperwork. I know this is the policy but all communication has been done by mypeme and rccl peme anyways! RCCL knows whether you were labelled as fit/unfit!
Just got my PEME done today and need to wait for the lab and paperwork. THe clinic refused to give me the paperwork (even though that's kinda illegal as they are MY medical docs) and will get my copy once everything is finalized.
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default me too i have the same problem with rccl they have no reply yet regarding my medical

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheeke View Post
Hello all,

I am scheduled to start with Royal Caribbean in just a few days and at the last minute they told me that I will need to bring all my medical forms including my lab results from my medical exam. I went and got my medical exam done at one of the approved facilities and they gave me the approval documentation but said that the lab tests would be done somewhere else and the results would be forwarded to Royal Caribbean. I have been calling this place for the past three days and asking them to send me the results and they continue to not respond, has anyone else out there had this problem with the approve the "approved medical providers" suggested by Royal Caribbean?and if so what did you do I really need help with this issue and fast!
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default awaiting for my medical

Same with me still waiting for 1 week now still no responce regarding my medical i think they cancel my joining date.but they assured me that once the medical is ok i will have the next assignment