Old June 9th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Default supper club food

I see the supper club cost includes Appertizer, entree and desert... My question does that mean only one appertizer and one entree allowed per person. Just back from RCCL's Portifino and had no limit on app's and could order 2 entrees...
Old June 9th, 2009, 12:24 AM
First Mate

Can understand why you might order two entrees in main dining room however when you are talking about the size in the supper club there is no need for this and my question for you would you expect to do this in a first class restaurant in your home town?There is more than adequate on all courses and would suggest that you book another night for a different selection.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum
Can understand why you might order two entrees in main dining room however when you are talking about the size in the supper club there is no need for this and my question for you would you expect to do this in a first class restaurant in your home town?There is more than adequate on all courses and would suggest that you book another night for a different selection.
first of all in a 1st class restaurant I choose what to pay for, here there charge a $30 fee on top of the cruise fare so the question is valid. I like to choose say, two apps, a soup and a salad... the web site says an app, entree and dessert.... since no mention of salad or soup either that seems to imply they include those as your ONE appitizer ?
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

When I did the Supper Club (only did it once so far) there was a pre-app from the chef, your choice app, salad, bread, entree, your choice dessert and another small dessert from the chef. Holy cow!!! I would never want or need more than this. For $30 and first class dining, I don't think 2 entrees are necessary or appropriate.

Does everyone get the pre app and post dessert treat or does that very from ship to ship and night night? I'm going to do it again on the Liberty...

Old June 9th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefarl
Quote:
first of all in a 1st class restaurant I choose what to pay for, here there charge a $30 fee on top of the cruise fare so the question is valid. I like to choose say, two apps, a soup and a salad... the web site says an app, entree and dessert.... since no mention of salad or soup either that seems to imply they include those as your ONE appitizer ?
I don't eat salad so I had the lobster bisque (yummy). I'm not sure if you can order more then one of anything. However, the steak in the Sun King on Carnival Freedom was one of the best I ever had. I can't remember if it was a choice of soup or salad? Or if I just told them to hold the salad? It was a year ago and my brain doesn't work anymore. llb is right they bring out the chef's appertizer and you pick your own the time I went. The service was wonderful and everything was excellent.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Oh right, forgot to mention they had soup too. The best french onion I've ever had!

Old June 9th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Croooozin and I are going to do the supper club on our cruise in July. It will be a 1st for the both of us and we cant wait!

Carnival Glory ~ July 2009
Carnival Inspiration ~ August 21, 2008
Old June 9th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Definitely go hungry. Actually, go starving!

Old June 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Admiral

I would not worry about whether it is appropriate or not. If you want to order extras and they say okay, go for it. Although, I have never had room for more in the supper clubs. Even my hubby, who can pack it away (without gaining weight.....aaaargh) could not handle more than the one item of each course.
Go and enjoy it your way.
Marty
Old June 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Passenger

All I was trying to ascertain is what is their policy? I found the note on the website saying Appitizer, Entree and Desert. Since I just came back from the RCCL Adventure of the Seas where their policy was unlimited ordering IF you wished and I just did not recall the past dinners we had on several Carnival ships.
If no one has tried to order more than one appitizer-defined as appitizer, soup and or salad- since the site only mentioned an appitizer, then lets not get into the why would you, or they serve enough for someone to be filled, or other comments..
Just asking for anyone who actually KNOWS the policy !
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Admiral

Quote:
All I was trying to ascertain is what is their policy? I found the note on the website saying Appitizer, Entree and Desert. Since I just came back from the RCCL Adventure of the Seas where their policy was unlimited ordering IF you wished and I just did not recall the past dinners we had on several Carnival ships.
If no one has tried to order more than one appitizer-defined as appitizer, soup and or salad- since the site only mentioned an appitizer, then lets not get into the why would you, or they serve enough for someone to be filled, or other comments..
Sorry I don't know the policy. I didn't think to ask. I know I got soup and an appertizer, so the soup isn't the apperitzer; that was in your original question post. I can't find a stated policy. Your best bet is to ask once you get in.

You got me wondering also. If no one is able to answer your question, can you let us know what you find out. I don't like salad at all, so I like the dining room cause I can skip the salad and get two appperitzers instead.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:41 PM
First Mate

I HAVE BEEN ON 40 SOME CRUISES AND IF YOU WANT AN ADDITIONAL ITEM GO FOR IT AND MY EXPERIENCE SAYS YOU WILL GET YOUR REQUEST AND THIS INCLUDES THE SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS AND WE HAVE TRYED ALL OF THEM.
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I HAVE BEEN ON 40 SOME CRUISES AND IF YOU WANT AN ADDITIONAL ITEM GO FOR IT AND MY EXPERIENCE SAYS YOU WILL GET YOUR REQUEST AND THIS INCLUDES THE SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS AND WE HAVE TRYED ALL OF THEM.
Hi Tennisbum,
I'm not sure if you realize this. Cause I didn't know until I started posting. But using ALL CAPS is seen as yelling. I don't think that was your intent, because your have some good advice. So I thought I would give you a head up. I use to type in all caps to when I first started posting. I wear glasses and I could see it better. Now I just use the text size to make my writing easier to read. When you get older the eyes go and my back goes out more than I do.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Supper Club Food

Hi All,

I just finished a cruise on the Carnival Splendor in May and loved the Pinnacle Supper Club so much, we went there twice. They do serve a lot of food at the supper club, if you doubt me, try the 24 oz. Porterhouse Steak. It looks more like it is closer to 2 pounds.

Anyway, you do get your choice of an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. They also give you a pre-appetizer that is based upon what kind of entree you order. The mushroom-cappuccino is roll-your-eyes-up wonderful.

The first night we tried the supper club, I didn't want a salad so I ordered two appetizers and got them without question. I would also think that if you ordered two desserts their wouldn't be a problem. However, I think the $30 charge is based upon the number of entrees one person consumes. So, if you order two Lobster tail entrees I would expect to be charged $60. This is reasonable (IMHO) considering what you get in the main dinning room and what you get size and quality wise in the supper club. The size of the Lobster tail you get runs easily $40 in grocery stores around me. Plus, based again upon the serving sizes and most important the quality of the food, and service a meal of similar qualities would run $100 to $150 per person.

You, may be able to get away with ordering the surf and turf and ask for the full tail. One person in my party ordered the surf and turf and got half of a tail. Also, don't forget there are side dishes you can order as many of those as you want with your entree.

If you're really really hungry and like steak get that Porterhouse. After the pre-appetizer, appetizer, salad, mashed potatoes, mushrooms and the Steak dessert is hard to finish. I would also recommend the Lobster tail entree. I don't think RCI's Chops grille serves lobster.

Old June 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Sorry I don't know the policy. I didn't think to ask. I know I got soup and an appertizer, so the soup isn't the apperitzer; that was in your original question post. I can't find a stated policy. Your best bet is to ask once you get in.

You got me wondering also. If no one is able to answer your question, can you let us know what you find out. I don't like salad at all, so I like the dining room cause I can skip the salad and get two appperitzers instead.
In the dinnig room you can get 3 or 4 appertizers or one of everything if you want to taste things...
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:

In the dinnig room you can get 3 or 4 appertizers or one of everything if you want to taste things...
I love appertizers the best. When I was younger I would only order the appertizers as the meal. I don't like salad and I'm picky about my soup. If you like cream soups and lobster you can't go wrong with the lobster bisque. Enjoy.

It looks like kzVegas had the best answer to your question. Thanks kzVegas, hey did your Splendor cruise make it to Mexico? How is the ship? I'm thinking about a Splendor cruise in May 2010.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Passenger

katlady,

Unfortunately, the particular voyage we undertook went to Canada instead of Mexico. Having lived in the Pacific Northwest I wasn't really interested in the ports of call. Astoria, OR as a cruise ship port of call is simply a joke. The ship arrived too late in the day to do anything meaningful.

Fortunately, I booked a Spa stateroom and made full use of the Spa facilities that are included with the cabin. This made the cruise ship our destination rather than rather cool cities in the Pacific Northwest. We loved the Splendor and were impressed enough that we've already booked for a Feb 2010 cruise on the Splendor, hopefully to Mexican ports of call.

kzVegas 8)
Old June 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM
First Mate

I have been to 3 supper clubs on Carnival and the policy was one of each course.
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
2015 "NCL Breakaway"
2015 Celebrity "Millennium" Alaska cruise tour
2016 " NCL Pride of America" Hawaiian cruise
2017 "NCL Breakaway"
Old June 10th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauntz
I have been to 3 supper clubs on Carnival and the policy was one of each course.
thanks... did that mean soup and salad were considered part of the appertizer course?
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Familiar Face

Having been to the Supper Club 3 times, the staff is very accommodating -- especially if you are very pleasant in asking for what you want. I think you could get anything that you want with the exception of 2 main courses.

And by all means, if you don't like the main course that you ordered, ask for something else.

To be honest, there is so much food that I doubt that you will want more than one of anything. I actually was kind of miserable after the last visit -- it was too much food (and I can put some food AWAY!)

Go, relax, enjoy.

Past Cruises:
CARNIVAL DREAM, 12-23-10
CARNIVAL GLORY, 07-04-09
CARNIVAL ECSTASY, 03-21-09
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-21-08
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-23-07
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Food was unbelievable. Portions Huge!!! Dessert just out of this world. Well worth the money to pay to go the supper club!!!

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old June 18th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Familiar Face

I've done the supper clubs four times and they were all wonderful experiences. I don't think it would be appropriate to order two main courses, remember you are paying a surcharge for this meal. It is not the same as the main dining room. Appetizers or desserts, maybe but I think will the full course that is served this isn't necessary.