Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

Old July 14th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Abigailsmom

Default looking for deals and advice

I'm trying to plan a cruise for our family. We have 2 girls ages 2.5yrs and 4yrs old. Our 2 year old is not potty-trained, but I think she could be by the time we go. We live in the Seattle area and were considering going on NCL Sun, Dream, or Star cruising out of Vancouver BC on a repositioning cruise to Los Angeles. The price is right on all 3 ships, although I prefer the Star based on reviews and pictures. For a 5 night cruise for 4, it would be roughly $1200 taxes included. NCL is offering additional 3rd and 4th psgs for $158 tax included.

Anyways, I am trying to find the best deal as well as the best cruise ship with programs for my young ones. We don't mind flying along the West Coast somewhere if the price is right for the cruise.

Does anyone know of any good deals right now for 3rd and 4th passengers? Does anyone have any experience on the NCL Sun, Dream, or Star? And their Kids programs?

I feel like the time to buy the cruise is now and I worry the rates will go up. Already in the last 7 days I have seen the prices flucuate for this same cruises.

I've read a lot about Carnival, so I'm going to look into Carnival deals. Also I have seen quite a few deals for Celebrity. We are looking to cruise somewhere between Aug-October. Anyhelp would be great. Thanks!!!

PS: Does anyone know of any coupons out there that could be applied to the cruise? I have and NCL and Carnival one in my Entertainment Book.. but wonder if there are others out there .

Thanks again.
Allie
please email me ahc_2003@hotmail.com
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:34 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: looking for deals and advice

I would talk to a local travel agent to see if they know of any 3rd/4th person and off season deals. The rates are usually good during the off season, though. I would be concerned about a repositioning cruise on the west coast. It will probably be too cold for outside activities. On the upside, you can always visit Disneyland at the end of your cruise. As far as cruiselines, I have only sailed Carnival and they have a great kids program.
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:33 AM
Luisa

Default Re: looking for deals and advice

NCL and Carnival are your only bets for your two year old -- both take 2 year olds. CCL will change diapers and NCL will call you if a change is needed. With NCL, you have to stay on the ship, however, when your diapered child is in the youth program.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor