Old October 9th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Beginner

Default Barbara Hanna, Entertainer on the Rotterdam and Statendam

Hi - Just wondered if anyone knows whatever happened to Barbara Hanna, who was a wonderful entertainer on the Rotterdam and the Statendam way back in the 1970's. She was so nice to me when I was a kid - I always wished I could thank her and see what she's up to now!

Old October 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Never heard of her. She certainly wasn't on the ships in the early 80's or thereafter, as we cruised the Rotterdam V many times in those days.

I would think that most people who cruised on the ships in the '70's do not even post on this board.

Did you try Googling her?
Old October 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Beginner

Default Barbara Hanna

Hi - Thanks for the reply. Yes I did try to Google Barbara Hanna, but to no avail. I also suspect "Barbara Hanna" was a stage name, which makes her harder to find.
Old October 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Admiral

What did she do as an entertainer on the ships? Sing, dance, musician, magician?

I have a friend who is a retired HAL Captain - next time I speak to him, I'll ask him if he knows of her. I doubt it though.
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Ah, I got an answer for you from my retired Captain friend, although he doesn't know where she is. She may have passed on by now because he is over 65.

[quote]I REMEMBER BARBARA HANNA AS A ENTERTAINER... I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO BE ALLOWED IN THE PUBLIC ROOMS. WHAT I REMEMBER FROM HER IS : SEND IN THE CLOWNS. AS THE LAST PART OF HER SHOW.[/quote]

I guess he was a cadet when he says "I was old enough to be allowed in the public rooms". Maybe in those days cadets had to be a certain age to be able to go into the public rooms.
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Beginner

Default Barbara Hanna

Thanks so much for asking, Dee Dee! Yes, Barbara Hanna ended her act, which was wonderful, by singing clown songs and putting on clown make-up as she sang them. Would your captain possibly know if "Barbara Hanna" was her real name? If it was something like "Barbara Hanna Smith" or "Barbara Hanna Jones," etc., that would account for why Googling her doesn't work. I hope she's still alive, kicking, and somewhere out there! She was a great person.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 05:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am Barbara Hanna's daughter - send me email @melwindowgal@cox.net