Old January 12th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Quantum/Anthem Royal IQ App

It has finally arrived on Android for everyone to enjoy. You need to connect to the ships WiFi for the app to be active.
Here is the link to Google play to download it for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alcaribbean.iq

I will of course review it when I sail but that isn't until July, so if anyone can test before then, please comment below.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 12th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Is says fee for call/text, is that the normal wifi fee or a set charge for the week?

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old January 12th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Admiral

The app is free to use for most things on the ship, but if you want to activate the call/text feature (to call or text others on the ship only) there is a $14.99 activation fee.

For most of last week the app (on my iPhone) would not open my calendar. It also never showed our luggage as being anywhere but in 'sorting', even after it was delivered.
Old January 13th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beers View Post
For most of last week the app (on my iPhone) would not open my calendar. It also never showed our luggage as being anywhere but in 'sorting', even after it was delivered.
This could be just because you are using an iPhone and that is where the problem is. Also as they have taken longer to release the Android App, it could also have resolved issues that Apple devices have.
The proof is in the pudding.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 13th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Admiral

It had nothing to do with it being the iPhone version of the app. The calendar was also unavailable from the kiosks on the ship - it affected everyone not just me, and the calendar was available on the app on some of the days. The IT Manager on the ship told us that it was because some data had been entered in the system incorrectly and it corrupted the calendar, and at the meeting when he said this had been fixed, the calendar did indeed open. However later in the day it was down again.

The IT Manager also told us the Android app was actually in final release form in December but they decided to wait until after the holidays to put it out for download. He and many of the crew had been using the Android version for a month.

The luggage not being updated was because the crew was not scanning the RFID tags at each holding point. They had got behind on delivery and were more concerned with just getting the stuff distributed.