Old January 6th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Familiar Face

Default Teen Cruise Questions

1. How do I make friends on the ship?
2. Are the clubs lame?
3. What should I wear to the dances at night? (I'm a girl)

Last edited by live_to_cruise; January 6th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

Well I am a little older than a teenager, but having recently taken my nephew, here is my take on your questions:

1) Same as you would anywhere; talk to people! Lol. teasing just a little, but if you see a group of people you might be interested in chatting, simply take a deep breath and introduce yourself, mention where you are from, and your situation (ex. if you are sailing alone, or sibling too young to hang with etc)
Also there may be someone in your very same position, so if you see someone alone, introduce yourself to them etc. One thing to consider too... if you do find some friends to hang out with, and you see someone alone, invite them along; they might be just as nervous as you to take that first step!
2) As for the clubs, my experience has been, they seem "lame" in the beginning, but they are a great way to meet people, and with the right attitude, they can be fun. They usually have a dj, there is live music throughout the ship with dancing.
3) As for outfits, I always go cute whatever the age! Lol. But nice, simple, casual. Nice skirts or sundresses as always nice; nice shorts, comfy shoes. On a few nights there will be formal nights on the ship, here you can get a little dressy.

It's all about having fun sweetie, if you go in with a great attitude, you more than likely will not be disappointed.

Good luck! Have fun! and let us know how you made out!
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks so much! I'll totally post after my cruise!

Monarch OTS 2/17/12

Upcoming Cruises:

Norwegian Dawn 3/24/13