Old May 16th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Angela1

Default Bring drink on board

Despite reading numerous posts on this site about not being able to bring alcohol onto the ship we have just got back from a week on Jewel on the Sea and at 2 different ports were able to bring spirits on board without any problem at all. We bought vodka and wine in Lisbon and Spain. We took the booze on board quite openly as we were quite happy to have it taken from us until we left the ship and yes we did have to put our bags through the scanner they just let us pick them up at the other side of the scanner and take them back to our cabin.
Do you think they have different rules for Europe than they have in the Caribbean.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:50 AM
spyder

Default Re: Bring drink on board

I think it depends on you, and the person who is checking your lugage. I was able to get Kahlua large bottle on board, just had it in my back-pack, no problems... My friend behind me a couple of people had his Rum taken from him, So who knows? I just know if your looking to get it on there is the chance of them wanting to take it, of course I have heard of the 9.00 fee, allowing you to take it to your cabin...
Think its chance of luck?