Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:47 AM
nmahan

Default Golden princess w/ kids and teens

We're thinking about taking the Golden Princess in Feb. 2005 and I was wondering how the kids program is. I haven't heard if the Princess line is geared towards families. Any information would be great!!!!!
Old March 2nd, 2004, 12:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Golden princess w/ kids and teens

Don't know about the kids programs. If they're not old enough to behave well in public, leave them at home. I think there should be a minimum cruising age. I'm sure I'll get blasted but unless they're like 6 or older I'd say a cruise ship is not the place.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 12:43 PM
nmahan

I'm sorry you feel that way lilafilly.....However, my kids are 10, 12 & 13 and I'm very sure they can control themselves. And I would never even dream of going on vacation without them. That said...If anyone else has any information for me I would appreciate it.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
nmahan

just bumping it up
Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
D.A.

Wow! I sure am glad there isn't a minimum age. My children have been travelling since age 27 months. They have been to Europe, Russia, the Carribean, England and all over the great U.S.A. On every cruise, plane and train ride they have been on we get complimented on what great manners and behavior they have. Usually they behave much better than some of the Adults around them! We are going on princess this month and made this choice by taking to people we met while on our last cruise in October. We were on a Disney cruise and the kids loved it but we wnted alittle more fexability on ports. Everyone said Priness does a good job with their kids programs. Just make sure the ship you choose has a dedicated kids program as some ships and sailings do not have kids clubs!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:24 AM
Admiral

The Golden Princess is a great ship for kids - especially if you go during school break - that's what we did - with 3 teenagers - they had a great time. Lots of activites for them to do- always some kids playing basketball, pingpong, computer games, arcade or in the pools & hot tubs. Didn't see a lot of babies/toddlers mostly middle school age and older kids
Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:05 PM
pg,

Lilafilly sounds like you need to go on an "adult only cruise". Families are a big part of the crusielines business and quite frankly it is a great family vacation!!
nmahan
I haven't taken my kids on Princess, but I did check out the facilities on the Grand ( sister ship to the Golden) and they looked GREAT! Oh to be a kid again. We did take our very young kids on a Carnival cruise once and we thought the " playroom" looked like a dungeon!
I'd say the Golden would be a good choice , I am going in April so I will problay stick my head in the Goldens kids areas( our kids not coming with us for this cruise as it is an anniversary cruise) and check it out!
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Admiral

They have an open house in the kids and teen center. You have to go with your kids if you want to register them into the programs. You can walk around, ask the counselors questions