Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

Old September 5th, 2005, 12:32 AM
babiesrus

Default Re: Leave Baby home

NEVER EVER LEAVE BABY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 10th, 2005, 06:55 AM
katyjeka

Default Re: Leave Baby home

We're the parents of 3 girls(10,6,2) and are cruising the Dawn in Dec. We love reading the posts and try to look at both sides fairly. For starters, I would have taken our first two anywhere from when they were first born, they traveled well and were very easy to manage. Now on with our "baby", we love her like crazy, however she has always been more demanding and loved her own bed, and perferred to eat at home. She will be 3 when we cruise, and is finally ready. I guess my point is that each child has their own personality and one should plan accordingly. I also believe adults have the right to be bothered by noise of little ones, even as a parent of 3, I to enjoy a meal w/o noise, we have left meals unfinished because of the kids, understanding that one can only expect so much from a little person. I know of cruise ships who cater to adults, and I would never think of taking our kids on one, it would not be fair to both other passengers and our kids. Just our input. Happy cruising to all.
Old December 1st, 2005, 06:37 PM
Beginner

We are taking our second cruise with young ones. The first was a Carnival cruise with our 16 month old, this next one will be another Carnival cruise with our now 2.5 year old and her new sister, who will be 10 months at cruise time. I cannot imagine vacationing without my girls. There will come a time when they are no longer interested in hanging out with us and we are going to enjoy them now, regardless of anyone else's opinions. I do not think that taking them on the cruise is negligent in any way. If I played the "what if" game, I would be sitting at home with them their whole lives... I am a paying occupant of that cruise ship, I will bring my stroller and I will utilize any room or activity that the cruise ship allows. Go elsewhere if that is a problem for you, I will not. With that said, I am a follower of general decency, and do not allow my kids to run amuck or disturb others as a general rule. Your comment was offensive to me as a parent, not a cruiser. I make the decisions about my family and I make good ones. Period.