Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

Old August 13th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Bobbi

Default Grandeur of the Seas or Carnival Conquest

We are planning to sail from New Orleans for February vacation 2004. We are currently booked on RC's Grandeur of the Seas, but the more I read about Carnival Conquest, the more appealing it sounds. We have shied away from Carnival in the past because of some of the comments re: tackiness, lower end service etc. We sailed on the Sun Princess about 3 years ago, and while we liked the ship, we were not entirely please with the children's programs. We have 11 year old twins (boys) who will turn 12 before we travel. What are the pros and cons of the two ships and, in particular, their programs for kids?
Old August 13th, 2003, 01:45 PM
cruisegurl

Default Re: Grandeur of the Seas or Carnival Conquest

conquest!!!!!!!
Old August 13th, 2003, 10:46 PM
CMP

I recently investigated the same 2 options and just booked the Carnival Conquest for April with my husband and 2 children. I found Carnival to be a little less expensive and the message boards seemed to make it sound more appealing. I have heard very good things, so I hope we made the right decision. All things equal, why not save a little money?

Happy Cruising.
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Luisa

Dear Bobbi:
While both ships have good youth programs, I feel that Royal Caribbean is right on target with activities that keep kids interested and happy. My 10 year old daughter has been on 14 cruises and she thinks that Royal Caribbean has the best youth program at sea. They keep the kids very active and the counselors are fun but still in control of the kids.
Let me know if you have any add'l questions.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old August 24th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Altough my first Royal Caribbean cruise will be in Janurary, followed by the Mariner in June, Carnival is awesome!!! I've been on 3 carnival cruises and each one i've had the time of my life!!! There is soo much to do. They have GREAT pool side games. I love Carnival and would choose that over the Grandeur. Now if it was a voyager class vessel, i may choose that over the Conquest. Only becasue of the things to do (Rock climbing, in-line skating, ice skating,mini golf, ben & Jerrys, etc.) Just my opinion, but i would choose Carnival. But, i havent sailed on RCCL, so i guess my opinion wont really count, but Carnival is awesome!!!!

Rob (15 yo guy)

Carnival Ecstasy - June 2000
Carnival Jubilee - July 2001
Carnival Pride - June 2003
Sovereign OTS - Janurary 2004
Mariner OTS - June 2004 (Probally, still deciding between that or the Carnival Glory)