CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=282)
-   -   Pearl Kaufman (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276307)

motherduck April 10th, 2005 10:11 PM

Pearl Kaufman

Has anyone seen or heard Pearl Kaufman lately??????? We had the good fortune to watch her show on a cruise a few years ago. Oh my.............what a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hcat April 26th, 2005 06:29 PM

Re: Pearl Kaufman

Saw her several times on Celeb Constellation in Sept--Canada New Eng itin--She was truly fabulous. That's the top quality entertainment that we would like to see more of on ships---

Paul Motter May 29th, 2005 05:57 PM

As a stage manager I worked with her many many times on Holland America. I even met her daughters once, very nice people. She used to play "Rhapsody in Blue" , and she was the pianist onthe United Airlines commercials that used the the piece.

CruzCrazy June 26th, 2005 10:26 PM

I too was very fortunate to see her on the Constellation last Oct on the Canada/New England cruise.

She was fabulous and I hope we all will see her again.

I think Celebrity is doing a great job with the entertainment.

Phil Morgan July 27th, 2005 11:44 AM

Have had the fortune of backing her up on Celebrity ships, I agree she sets a standard for cruise ship entertainment, and I hope more guests demand entertainment of that calibur

hcat August 15th, 2005 01:34 PM

Does anyone know if she is on any Celeb ships now or in near furture?

TechKnowBabble March 1st, 2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcat
Does anyone know if she is on any Celeb ships now or in near furture?

We JUST saw her on Celebrity Summit (2/12/06 - 2/26/06) on it's Panama Canal run. She was FANTASTIC and such a sweet lady.

John Bailey October 11th, 2006 08:00 AM

Just seen Pearl on the Celebrity Constellation NY to Quebec. What a fantastic entertainer the lady is. Celebrity use some great guest performers, another pianist they use is the Brit, Brooks Aaron, the architypal eccentric Englishman another great entertainer. :D

litterio May 29th, 2007 09:18 PM

Yes, we just saw her last week on the Celebrity Summit cruise to Alaska and she was fantastic! She did an evening and an afternoon show.

drbrake March 1st, 2008 04:16 PM

Pearl Kaufman

Just saw Pearl perform on the Celebrity Constellation. out of Fort Lauderdale on 11 day cruise.

Parrot Mom January 29th, 2009 12:17 AM

PEARL KAUFMAN

SHE WAS ALSO on the Constellation t/a from Barcelona

Chuck Palm February 1st, 2009 07:25 PM

She has a website with her planned performances on cruise ships for 2009. A Google search should do the trick for you.

jemphd April 27th, 2009 11:17 PM

Saw Ms. Kaufman tonight on the Century going trans Atlantic. Very enjoyable,

Sulis December 16th, 2009 04:21 PM

Perfect Pearl!

We saw her on Celebrity Mercury out of Baltimore just one week ago.. She was wonderful!

Paul Motter December 16th, 2009 06:10 PM

I'm glad to hear she is still around and doing well. I was working as stage manager with her back in 1993 on Holland America.

like2cruz February 24th, 2010 05:02 PM

We had the pleasure of seeing her perform as well as meeting her last week on the Millenium for a 10 day Caribbean cruise. What a classy lady and incredible talent.

yippee April 22nd, 2010 12:32 PM

Pearl was performing on the Celebrity Mercury ship April 2010, where I was blown away by her talent. She is doing very well and selling her cd's on board.

Ross Trumpet March 27th, 2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 566291)
As a stage manager I worked with her many many times on Holland America. I even met her daughters once, very nice people. She used to play "Rhapsody in Blue" , and she was the pianist onthe United Airlines commercials that used the the piece.

I was a trumpet player on Holland America way back in 1991-2 and worked with her many times. She's lovely. I actually just found her again, and sent her a pic of me , her, and the other brass players from the old Rotterdam.