Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

Old July 28th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Default do many ladies wear pants

Sailing on Rhapsody of the seas October 5th to the caribbean and was wondering if anyone knows what the weather will be like? are very many pairs of pants needed of can you just wear capris and still be comfortable outside in the evenings. Does it really get that cool?

Thanks
Old July 28th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: do many ladies wear pants

I've been to the Caribbean in December and I live year-round in Miami, you can wear Capris at night. Keep in mind if the ship is moving it is very breezy out on deck. If docked it's much warmer. The weather is usually in the 80's in day and no lower than 70's at night. It's January, February and March in the Eastern Caribbean that could be cooler with days and nights in the 60's and 50's. It all depends on the cold fronts that dip down, but the Southern Caribbean will rarely get that cold. Possibly Bahamas.

I would bring Capris, long-lightweight pants (jeans might be too heavy) and definately bring a lightweight sweater for eves on deck, you can always wrap it around your shoulders if its too warm.

Think caribbean colors and enjoy your cruise.

I love the caribbean!
Old July 28th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: do many ladies wear pants

I went in July and I use a light weight jacket some at night on the decks. I packed way to many clothes. You really dont wear that many chages of clothes. I will know next time to dont take as many. I had read that but I like clothes so I didnt listen. I will , will not take as many next year.
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: do many ladies wear pants

Capris and lightweight twill pants will be fine for casual nights. A light sweater or linen blazer is a good idea.