Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

Old September 14th, 2002, 12:27 AM
Passenger

Default Costumes?

I am cruising for the first time next month and I know they have tropical nights and encourage you to wear your tropical shirts, etc. What can I expect for halloween?

Can someone tell me if they have ever cruised during halloween? Do they have a party with costumes? Should we bring our costumes?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Judee 40 days and counting
Old September 14th, 2002, 12:51 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Costumes?

Hi, Judee ...

Why not just get a couple of cool masks?

Old September 14th, 2002, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Costumes?

Judee,

I am cruising for the first time next month and I know they have tropical nights and encourage you to wear your tropical shirts, etc. What can I expect for halloween?

Can someone tell me if they have ever cruised during halloween? Do they have a party with costumes? Should we bring our costumes?

Yes, be sure to bring your tropical dress for the tropical evening deck party if you are cruising in a warm destination!

I'm not aware of any cruise lines publishing official policies wirh regard to Halloween, but I did take a cruise ("Classic Panama Canal" aboard MV Sun Princess) over Halloween a couple years ago. Costumes definitely were acceptable attire for the evening, which was casual, and there was a Halloween party with a contest for best costume (I took third place, IIRC), for which they had very nice prizes (I received a desk clock).

Do put some serious effort into your costume if you are cruising over Halloween!

Norm.
Old September 15th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Costumes?

Thanks for the advice. Glad to hear you won a costume prize Norm. My husband & I usually go to a friend's halloween party and we have won their contests, a few times.

I think we will bring our prize winning costumes on board! Depending on how much room we have in the suitcase we may just bring masks as Pamda suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Judee
Old November 23rd, 2002, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Costumes?

Would like to know how mujch effort to put into the "50's night" and "Medieval night" themes on the Crystal Symphony. Do most people wear costumes- is it separate from Dinner, does it involve everyone? I love to dress up but my suitcase is very fuil and it is uncomfortable to be in costume when most people aren't.
Thanks, Patty.
Old November 29th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Costumes?

Patty,

Just bring another suitcase for your costumes....

Norm.