Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old December 22nd, 2017, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Default Friday's Here!

Friday the 22nd, the day I've been waiting for has finally arrived! My son too arrives, tonight at 6pm at the bus station, after 20+ hours ride from Montreal. Looking forward to spending the holiday with him. Only wish my daughter could have made the trip too...

Haimia, glad to see your post yesterday, and glad you are back "in the land of the living". That must have been so scary for you, glad all is well now.

Anyone else ailing, feel better soon, we must take care of ourselves!

donna
Old December 22nd, 2017, 09:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Donna and everyone.

Donna; I'm glad to hear your son is arriving today to spend Christmas with you.

Not much on the agenda for me today. The construction supervisor is stopping by to finally install the matching pantry door. We've gone six months with either a cracked or mismatched door on our pantry. After I finally blew up the cabinet people sent out a guy to sand and refinish the last mismatched door they sent. It had to dry for two days in the garage so now it can be installed.

I took a fall yesterday and did a bad sprain to my wrist so now I'm wearing a brace and typing is not easy.

We will have a large gathering for Christmas. Our whole family, my sister, BIL, my niece, her husband and two kids, plus two friends, will be here for Christmas. So I'll be serving 15 people. I'm glad I have two ovens. One good thing about this new house is, even though it's smaller than the old one it is better for entertaining and hosting a large number of people. It is open and we can do more seating without people feeling they are being banished to the dinette.

I hope everyone has a joyous Holiday and a very Merry Christmas.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Default Friday's Here!

Good morning. Crisp but sunny in SoCal.

Keith and I are sickly. Keith has a cold and I have a doozy of a sore throat.
Hope neither of us gets a fever. Worst possible time to get sick. We plan to cool it today, but I still have to go out. Hope I am able to go to the hairdresser tomorrow for a much needed haircut . . .

Have a good day!

Judy
Old December 22nd, 2017, 02:43 PM
Admiral

On Wednesday we were on the ship headed to Baltimore .It was 71 degrees at dinner time . Today it is 29 where I live.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon. We are at our daughter's house. Had a tiny bit of fog at our house but by the time we got to the main road it was gone and then no more until we crossed the Kissimme River and the had fog almost all the way to Tampa, fortunately there was not a lot of traffic. All but one gift is out of the van but that is the biggest and it is not wrapped so it is okay to stay where it is.

All have a great day.
2005-2 Princess, 2006-Princess MSC, 2007-NCL,2008-Carnival & RCI, 2009- MSC & Carnival, 2010- 2 Carnival,2011-Carnival, 2012-Carnival & MSC, 2013-MSC & Carnival, 2014- 2 MSC, 2015-2 Carnival & MSC, 2016-NCL & Carnival,2017- MSC, 2018-2 NCL & MSC & RCI, 2019 RCI & Carnival
Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

LF, welcome back. Good to have safe home and posting again.

Mike, I know how frustrating it is when you have to wait for someone to some work for you. Our pool has been a slow process but they are finally putting the finishing touches on it.

Have a nice afternoon, folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old December 22nd, 2017, 04:33 PM
Admiral

It’s a snowy Friday for us and cold. We are 100% ready for Christmas and dinner will be at our place. There will be 8 of us so not too large and not too small. The oldest person will be Joanne’s mom (90) and the youngest our grandson who is 7. More snow is expected Christmas Day which will be nice for those that do not have to travel.

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." ~ Susan Sontag