Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old June 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Morning mates. I'm trying to be quiet this morning so that my daughter can sleep. She worked hard all week and stayed out late last night. Think I'll take the dog for her walk here in a bit. Don't know what I'll do after that. Maybe read until the kid gets up. Then it'll be a few household chores.

I hope you all have a good day.
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from the "Retirement Home".

Betty finished her last night at work and now she is free to do whatever she wants. That is until the money runs out.

Today is "moving day". We will be moving our son into his new place. It really was a PIA to get it and Betty was on pins and needles hoping nothing would fall through. Yesterday, he signed the papers and today he moves in. It's in a small town west of us but it is convenient for him and he can have his dog. So that's a good thing. Betty has been "accumulating" stuff for him for the last two weeks so he'll be set with everything he needs. We just have to wait until my SIL and daughter finish their daily routine. Betty and those two are the only ones who can lift anything heavy. My son and I will be relegated to getting the "assistance devices" and his computer systems installed. It will be nice to have Betty home full time now so she can do more heavy lifting for me.

After getting the boy moved Betty will resume her mania about the trip. I have imposed a one suitcase and carry on rule that I told her won't be broken. She can't figure out how she can go away for two months and not have at least eight pairs of shoes.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Admiral

This afternoon we are going to my grand daughters dance recital .Amazing that she will be on stage at age 3 .
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, running late this morning as I have a houseguest and we were up talking late and slept in, and we're still talking. Considering I never met the woman until 6pm last night, that's quite something.
We are going to do the touristy thing in Pictou today, then set up at the pub for her music/comedy gig tonight, can't wait for that!
Will check in tomorrow, and Happy Father's Day to all the dad out there.

p.s. Mike a BIG congratulations to Betty!

donna
Old June 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert, where the next week's forecast includes at least 5 days of 111 or 112 degree temperatures. Yikes! Even a dry heat is dang hot at those temps! I'll be mostly indoors with the air conditioning to keep me company! Even Oscar the 17-year old Shih Tzu doesn't want to spend any more time outside than is absolutely necessary to get his business done. Usually he likes to spend time out front just watching the neighborhood activity, but when it's this hot, he goes out, does his thing, and beelines for the door!

This weekend holds all the normal actvities that one never gets done during the week while working full time. I wish we had something more exciting planned. I will, however, take Jose out for dinner tomorrow for Father's Day since all of his kids and grandkids are in Costa Rica and can only celebrate his day with a phone call. And yes, it is Father's Day in Costa Rica tomorrow too.

Have a great day Cruise Mates
Old June 16th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good morning. Beautiful and sunny, and I am told, gonna be hot.

Keith went off to Riverside with warnings about heavy lifting and bending. I hope he obeys the rules; otherwise, it's a hospital admission for him.

I have housework to keep me occupied, and as Desert Cruiser says, with the a/c to keep me company.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:08 PM
First Mate

Must not be as hot here as it is in the Arizona desert. My Pit Bull here still likes to sun herself for a few minutes in the early morning and early evening before she comes in. Though she cannot tolerate more than about 10-15 minutes before she gets too hot and has to come in. In August, it gets to be 110 degrees in the shade here and high humidity. You just cannot breathe. There are times when I wish I had a summer home in Alaska! lol

Had an impromptu dinner at our favorite Mexican place last night. Carne Guisada taco with charro beans and iced tea were awesome. Took home a 4.99 Carne Guisada enchilda dinner for tonights supper. It's the best hole in the wall spot in a 100 mile radius as far as I'm concerned.

Just some general cleaning today..still trying to get my place ready for company. Hope we get a little rain. My yard needs some.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
snorklr45
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Admiral

I hope everyone had a superb saturday .