Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Default Freaky Friday!

Morning Mates, nothing really freaky about this Friday, except I am happy it's here!

It is snowing again, lightly, and the temp is -6, "feels like" -14C or 6F, so another good day to take the kids out sledding. They get into a lot less trouble when they're outdoors!

Busy busy day for me, first, aquafitness at 9:30, home to eat, skating at 12, then off to work, then yoga/pilates at 6, and finally home around 7:30. I will need a hot bath and an early sleep tonight!

Todd, how are you feeling today? Worried about you!

donna
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Donna, I feel like I have done my exercises just reading your schedule for the day. On my way to PT after one more cup of coffee.

Brrenda
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Just a quick howdy before I head out! Well in 2 short weeks we will present our musical production of A Little Night Music. Last night was the first time I saw it really come together in a majorly cohesive way. It is kind of scary to leave and take a weeks long cruise in the middle of it all and come back to play catch up. I feel like I had a breakthrough yesterday and I am getting closer to having it all memorized and the blocking is coming a bit more naturally than it did. So by gosh I think the show will go on! This morning I am off to the University of Illinois. I am meeting the Director and a few other cast members as we go to try on costumes and find just the right outfits. Wish me luck.

I do not know what on earth I ate on this cruise that made me retain so much water. I knew I gained a few pounds so I started back up on my diet Wednesday and I have already dropped over 6 pounds.... I know it isn't possible to lose fat that quickly so it leads me to believe that they are really packing that cruise line food with some major salt or something is going on... but it feels good to be losing again...I am surprised I wasn't sloshing when I walked.

Todd glad to hear you are feeling better. I have been thinking about you. Also, please remember Jackie Van Lint in your prayers, she's fighting some health battles as well. I just posted this here because those of you like Todd who are not on Facebook would not be aware unless she posted it here as well.

Have a great day! Be safe out there!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

I also feel like I have worked out after reading RD's schedule.

Beenie, the food on the ships is packed with salt. That is one reason why people like it. I try to stay away from salt but it does give food a good taste.

I hope that Todd and Mike are doing better.

And I wish you all a nice friday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011+4/4/2016
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015
Freedom OTS 3/6/16
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Admiral

B/W, I've added Jackie to the prayer list as requested.

Well, my recovery came to a screeching halt yesterday. I took a metolazone and a half hour later an 80 MG Furosemide (Lasix) and then last evening I tooke another 80 MG lasix. I lost all of 1 pound.

So it's up to see Jeff this afternoon in Johnson City. I'm taking my bags just in case. I have far too much water within me and absolutely no stamina at all as a result. So, I guess we resort to plan "B." I guess the old ticker is just giving out and can't keep up. Time will tell.

Hope everyone has a grand Super Bowl weekend and that your team wins (just so long as it's the NY Giants ). I'll either be watching it at a Super Bowl party at a friends or a Super Bowl party with a litre of Bourbon stuck in my case in a hospital room!

Prayers for all of my adored Cruisemates are on the list as are requests for Blessings upon all. I intend to take my laptop if at all possible.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by Trip; February 3rd, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from Lawton, Ok where it is overcast, and mild.

Not much going on here.

Todd, Love you

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning. I woke up to rain this morning. I thought that was going to be tomorrow. Oh well. Grocery shopping may be in may plans for today. I've got plenty to do today and I just don't want to do any of it. There, I said it. It's one of those days. I'm sure I'll feel better after breakfast.

Todd, feel better. Love ya.

Donna, I think you'll get the ten pounds off before the cruise.

Have a good day all.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Familiar Face

I usually just read, but thought I join in today. Feel like I know each of you so well, due to reading daily about your adventures.

Rain and more rain here in Kansas. We'll take it!

Going to a celebration of life tomorrow for a 22 month girl (friend of family) who died of luekemia. So sad..... However, it's brought our little community together. Pizza place in town had a "Pizza 4 Paxten" benefit and people had a 3 hour wait. It was so neat seeing all the "traffic" backed up for pizza/Paxten. I've attached a video below - hope you can view it.

Animoto - My Animoto Video

I'm still waiting for photos from (?? can't remember name) of their new home in Mexico.

Trip, Rollerdonna, Luanne, Judy, Haimia, B/W,Moiraine - All of you ladies are saints; your stories cause me to pause...to smile and enjoy your sharing. But yet, I would wish you all would slow down a little. You run circles around me!

Kuki - you lucky guy. Phoenix....really?? 70's?? Wish we all could be there!! Oh how you do enjoy your golf.

Everyone hope your weekend is just what you want. Todd, hope your "Jeff visit" results in happy news - get well! Mike, your stories always make me smile. But I do feel for Betty. Always having to blow snow.

JD
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Admiral

I am on my sea food diet.I see food and leave the table.I want to lose 15 pounds before my cruise .
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright sunny and cold...just feels like spring should be next week. Watch, the day I leave for Lauderdale, we'll get a blizzard.

CabinFever, glad you came to the table, I'll go get you a cuppa tea We love it when lurkers become part of the family..xo

No beading, a little reading, and Lucy the Diva today...you never know how she will be dressed when she comes over..and that's all part of the fun

Todd, I hope you a just hours away from feeling better..xo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Welcome to our group, JD We are glad you are here.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Just having my morning coffee here at the computer. I will be taking my mom to “The Bull Ridding Championship” tonight. I have never been but she loves to watch it on TV so for Christmas I bought her tickets. So we’ll go have an early dinner and then head to the venue, also some country singer Montgomery Gentry will be there to perform a concert after the show.

I just can’t believe its February already ….where has the time gone!
Have a good weekend everyone
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
I am on my sea food diet.I see food and leave the table.I want to lose 15 pounds before my cruise .
I was on the sea food diet, only mine was I see food I ate it!!!
Good luck too you!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........cold this morning.......only 32.....suppose to make it to low 40's.....sure hope so.......

Trip.......got my fingers crossed that there's no blizzard when ya leave.........

Welcome JD.............we don't bite very hard.......

Todd...........hope your trip to see Jeff goes well & you're home enjoying Super Bowl.........

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Welcome JD. Nice tohave you onboard.

Trip, enjoy the day iwth your beautiful little firecracker.

Aerogirl, I hope you and your mom enjoy the evening.

Henry, good luck.

Sharon, at least it's not snowing.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Captain

"Trip, Rollerdonna, Luanne, Judy, Haimia, B/W,Moiraine - All of you ladies are saints; your stories cause me to pause...to smile and enjoy your sharing. But yet, I would wish you all would slow down a little. You run circles around me!" Quoted by CabinFever

Thanks for including me in this group, but the rest of them leave me in the dust, too! Rollerdonna makes me cringe with all she does, I feel old!!!

Today is sunny to start and upper 40's F for highs. DH is working Saturday. Sunday is unsure. DD#2 is studying for her PT boards. So the house is quiet at the moment. Dogs are sleeping somewhere or pining at the door of DD#2 (they want to be with her constantly, but she closes door to study!).

We may go away for the night if DH does not have to work Sunday. It will be Saturday night at midnight until I find out for sure. So much for planning!!

Not much else, so have a good day all and hope everyone feels better today and over the weekend.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Captain

More sun here today with D/H out the door to the golf course for the 3rd day in a row. Today is my day! I got the laundry done, the house cleaned up, and even managed to get some bills paid, now I can play on the computer checking up on everyone.
Todd, please get better we all love you way to much to have you sick. Praying that Dr. Jeff can give you some relief.
JD, welcome to Cruisemates. This is a wonderful group of folks. I feel like I know each one personally but have only met 2 of them face to face.
Prayers for all those on our list. Have a good day everyone.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
I usually just read, but thought I join in today. Feel like I know each of you so well, due to reading daily about your adventures.

Rain and more rain here in Kansas. We'll take it!

Going to a celebration of life tomorrow for a 22 month girl (friend of family) who died of luekemia. So sad..... However, it's brought our little community together. Pizza place in town had a "Pizza 4 Paxten" benefit and people had a 3 hour wait. It was so neat seeing all the "traffic" backed up for pizza/Paxten. I've attached a video below - hope you can view it.

Animoto - My Animoto Video

I'm still waiting for photos from (?? can't remember name) of their new home in Mexico.

Trip, Rollerdonna, Luanne, Judy, Haimia, B/W,Moiraine - All of you ladies are saints; your stories cause me to pause...to smile and enjoy your sharing. But yet, I would wish you all would slow down a little. You run circles around me!

Kuki - you lucky guy. Phoenix....really?? 70's?? Wish we all could be there!! Oh how you do enjoy your golf.

Everyone hope your weekend is just what you want. Todd, hope your "Jeff visit" results in happy news - get well! Mike, your stories always make me smile. But I do feel for Betty. Always having to blow snow.

JD
JD…… I want to start off first by welcoming you to CM’s.
I watched your picture videos of the beloved little angle Paxten . What a heartwarming video of such a sad story. It’s wonderful to hear so many showed up in memory of this little angel and to know she’s touched so many people in her way to short time here on earth.
Once again welcome aboard!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Admiral

I went and watched it too. I am glad you all had her for the time you did and am sorry for your loss. It looks like she's touched so many people. My heart breaks for her parents.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

JD...what an amazing tribute to your beautiful, brave, baby girl. At the end of the video, my granddaughter came over to watch it,and said, why are you crying Memere? We watched it together again..she understood. Her favorite song, she sings all the time is, you are my sunshine..bless the little angel Paxten.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Gang, its bright, sunny but chilly today. Started my exercise walking plan this week, i plan on walking my butt off - literally lol. DIL wants me to join her Zumba class, just might. Oh and one more thing GO PATS!!!!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Admiral

JD,

I also watched. I have also lost a child. How long ago has it been for you? For me it's been 3 years. Do you have a good support group?

My heart and prayers go out to you.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a late morning for me. I could not get to sleep last night. The dang cast was driving me nuts. So at 3:00 a.m. I took the dang thing off and this morning I got the brace out, set it at a zero degree bend and used that. I called the doc and he said that would be fine until he sees me on Monday.

Yesterday, was interesting. The flooring guy (actually a woman) came out to give us the estimate on replacing the kitchen floor. That went well and the price was far less than I told Betty and even less than I figured. The woman also mentioned, but did not hard sell, that her company also does window treatments and kitchen/bathroom counters. I asked her to give me a price on new honeycomb shades for the dinette and new counter tops for the kitchen and all three bathrooms. Betty was blown over by the price. It was far less than what we had been quoted by a large company a couple of years ago. To make a long story short. We are having new floors, window treatments and Cambria counter tops installed in the kitchen and laundry room and new Cambria vanity tops installed in the bathrooms. The price is just over the price I told Betty the kitchen floor would probably cost.

The flooring installation was to start today but yesterday afternoon Betty was unhooking the washer and dryer and I noticed that the laundry room tub/sink/drain didn't look right. It's one of those things you never pay attention to until you need to move it. When the house was built they hard plumbed the damn thing in. They did not put flex pipe fittings in so there is no way to get it out to put in the new floor and yes; they put the laundry tub in "after" they installed the original floor. So Monday I have a plumber coming out to re-plumb the thing so we can take it out and put it back. The floor and window treatment installations are now set for Wednesday. The counters will be the week after that.

Cabin Fever welcome: That was a heart touching video and I was quite moved.

Todd: I do hope you get some relief and they can kick the ticker in to pump you out.

To all: I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend!!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Freaky Friday

Good morning. Relentlessly bright and sunny with a scant possibiity of rain on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm "inaugurating" my new laptop. Surely is nice not to have to fight over the desk top. Keith likes this one so well, he's ordered one for himself. We'll be up to our ears in computers!

Todd, I hope Jeff can help you feel better.

Mike, it sounds like you're on the path to recovery.

I am sorry to hear that JAckie has serious health problems.

Keith will see the orthopedist at the end of the month and will probably have knee replacement surgery. The problem is that we have five plays yet to see. That's an expensive elimination. If he chooses to see all five, he won't have the surgery til July. I might elect to simply go see them by myself.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Familiar Face

This baby Paxten, is a granddaughter of friends of ours. I am not related to Paxten.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
First Mate

Wow, so much going on on this board today!

Todd, I'm almost right there with you. Hope you get that bottle snuck in without issue. I sure hope they get you straightened out and deflated!
I'll be in a hospital gown with my butt hanging out in about 3wks; I feel your pain.

CabinFever: Welcome! I hung around here and lurked for quite awhile before posting too. So glad you decided to join us. Hope to see you on a regular basis.

Moraine - Like you, I've been putting off the trip to the grocery store and I'm going to have to go tomorrow. UGH

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Good luck with that snorklr. I got my trip finished. I was surprised I did not have to wait in a huge line. There was just one person ahead of me.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach where it is supposed to drop down into the 30's tonight. Today, was my usual, clean the house day. Then, I went to the bank to deposit a bonus that I had received from work. (of course I am going to invest it in something as soon as my check reaches our brokerage company). Hours are still down at work but I am eternally greatful to still have a job. Just think, in a little over two months Rob and I will be going on our repositioning cruise to europe! Time sometimes doesn't go fast enough!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Admiral

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and welcome "Cabin Fever" or JD to the board, glad you decided to stop lurking and say hello - welcome!
Also watched your video, very touching and beautiful, condolences to your friends' family...

donna