Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Default It's Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

WOW, everybody must be sleeping in! Going to be a HOT one here in Central Florida. Not much on the agenda, other than trivial tasks. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is sleeping in, so I'll be very, very quiet. Hope all my "Mates" have a wonderful, and blessed day.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Howdy from Houston

Good Morning Skymaster and all ya CM to follow.
Expecting a hot and humid day here in NW Houston.
An the agenda for today is church and my youngest grandchild Ryleigh (7yo, yougnest of my dd 4 kiddos) will be over after church to spend some 1 on 1 with Mimi and Gramps.

They will be fundraising for Hunter (11 yo #2 child of dd) they leave on a trip to Steamboat Spring, CO for his World Series tournament next week.

Prayers for their safe travel and great games and good sportsmanahip, always Prayers to all that need them and hope y'all have a special day
Rest, relax and prepare for the week to come
God bless
debbyedoops
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Admiral

And a glorious Sunday to you Ken, debbyedoops and all who follow. I guess its going to be another overcast day here in Tennessee (still getting the clouds from the upper midwest but little of the moisture).

Prayers for all but especially for those suffering illness and travail.

Todd
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Captain

Good Morning Sky, debbyedoops, ToddDH and all CM's follow.

What a beautiful Sunday here in L.A. The temps are in the low 70's and no rain.

We have to leave early for church this AM, my D/W is our parish's DRE and she needs help getting an air hockey table out of a classroom. She starts her education program next month and is getting ready. Then the family goes shopping and I get the house to my self which means I get to watch some westerns. Yea

Prayers for all but especially Hunter and Family. Hope they have a great World Series tournament filled with safe travel, great games, good sportsmanship, and most importantly FUN.

Hope everyone has a very safe day and a safe week.

Irish 8)

May the grass grow long
on the road to hell for want of use.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is gloriously sunny with a breeze, which is a good thing, since our AC is still not working.

The plan today is to visit relatives at their country place, about 45 mins. from here. They have all converged from all over Ontario, so it is a chance to see everybody all at once!
We're hoping the weather stays nice, because storms at the lake are not fun!

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday before another busy week....

donna
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today I am aching, so not sure how much will get done, but a day of rest sounds mighty good. Nikki and the babies are coming over for dinner, which to Aiden means, lego waffles:)

One of the birthday cards I received yesterday, was from, my oldest, and dearest friend. We have been friends since I was 11, and she was 12, and her birthday is tomorrow.

She reminded me of some wonderful meomories... after we saw West Side Story, how we too, danced in the streets, & how, when her son was born, she called me to ask if I would mind, if she named him Michael Jonathan, the name of my 2 boys. Sadly her Michael is no longer with us. Her card sent me back in time, and reminded me how lucky I am to have had her friendship all through these years.

So to my newer pals, my CM Pals, I say thanks for your good wishes, and thanks for the memories we have already made...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi !! Another Lakelander checking in. Just dropped in from work for a short while. It is about 83 out now and probably will be warmer later. I am not complaining about the heat. I will gladly take them as opposed to the long cold winters I had in NH. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Looks to be a hot one here today. The pool sure is looking good. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary at the moment, though we had some pretty mean hail and thunderstorms come through last night, and that may repeat again today.

On the home front, and the obvious reason I haven't been on CM much (other than to browse)... I've now got care-givers in place for my folks seven days a week, who they seem to get along with. We went through a number trying to find the right balance. I'm hoping those we're employing now will take good care of my folks, and free up some of my time (and my mind) to carry on with some things in my own life that I've let slide.

It's a difficult balance to find.

My parents condition is stable, though still fragile. Stable is good. Fragile is sometimes difficult to deal with. Meanwhile I've also been enjoying some of the extra time I'm getting to spend with my parents. We've taken advantage, when my father has fealt well enough to go out for brunch, or just sit in the sunshine in his backyard for awhile.

So, while there's tough times, there's also plenty of blessings!
Old July 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Admiral

I went to church last night so I have stayed indoors all day.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Kuki, It is nice that you have help with the care of your parents. I remember caring for my Mother during her illness. It was long and difficult at times. She has been gone for 11 years and I miss her every day. Cherish them and the time you have left. They are too soon gone. Prayers for you and them.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain