Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old December 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague
Default Does Anybody Have An Inside Hook Up for Cars?

Well, you see, CrazySis and I are in a desperate situation! She killed her car and mine is bleeding to death (transmission issues!). We are hoping a Cruisemate might be able to get us a GOOD deal! So let us know if you have the deal of the century ready for us! Both of us are single women with no man to handle the negotiations.......so help a girl out!

Melody
Old December 5th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Passenger

I feel for you. The car buying process can be tedious. Heres an interesting look into the world of one car salesman.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...2/article.html
Old December 5th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Melody..chill..Will, will have your new Lexus SC 430 in LSU colors in your drive way on Christmas morning with a big bow on it
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Sorry Melody, when you said "inside hook up" I thought you meant indoor plug for a block heater! We have an long extension cord to plug our cars in when it gets to -20 or worse......

donna
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Admiral

RD> I was thinking exactly the same thing... so GREAT minds DO think alike

(even if they're WRONG!!!)

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

What is a block heater..........I don't think I need one of those...............everybody on my block heats their own house.

I'm checking into a Nissan today. I have to buy new....I'm just not mechanically inclined and heaven help the world if my hands get dirty or if I break a nail. There are some things a Southern Lady just won't do. Now, I know HOW to change a flat tire......However, I prefer to, and WILL, wait an hour or so for someone to arrive to change my flat tire!

I can put gas in a car and, if pushed, I will check the oil AFTER I put on some kitchen gloves. Anything more than that needs to be handled by a guy. I'll pass the tools, if you can describe them and I'll bring you a cold beverage. That's about as helpful as I can get.

Melody
Old December 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Well I got serious in July and traded in my '03 Impala and d/h's '03 Matrix. I bought myself a huge Toyota Tundra 4x4 double Cab, which is great, cuz all the guys walk up to me and says "Gee lady your husband sure has good taste in trucks" and I get to tell them, hey dude this is my truck! (It is defintely a "guy magnet" it kind of sucks when I realize they are drooling over my truck though and not me lol! It was made here in Indiana and I have had a ball in the snow today with the four wheel drive. I was thrilled when I found out they were offerring 0% financing on the 2007 models so I bought it.

D/H loves sporty little cars and he wanted something with some hutzpah to it, but with good economy. He chose a Scion TC. It's color is sizzling crimson and it is very sporty. When he got it I surprised him with a wing on the back and the optional cold air intake. That thing drives like a hot little chili pepper.It really moves! It is made at Toyota's Lexas plant in Japan and is a very nice machine and is a high quality vehicle. It is loaded with options and can be had for under $20,000. If you bought a comparably equipped Toyota you'd pay thousands more and the 2008's offer a lot more standard equipment than the 2007's. We were able to buy 5 year/100,000 mile warranties for them and have been very happy with the service we've recieved from our dealership.

Years ago I once handled all of the areas car dealers newspaper advertisiing and so I know all the dealers. I am very pleased with our vehicles and have no regrets.

Melody if you want a painless buying experience come on over, I'll hook ya up! You can do it! This is a job fer a woman!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Go on TPIR.

Carnival Holiday - Dec 04
Carnival Liberty - Jan 06
Carnival Liberty - Jan 07
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Jan 08