Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old December 5th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning Hello

Good Morning All,

Still cold and a little snow is falling. I have to make that long drive to see the orthodontist. Must go alone and also have tons of errands to do.

My cold/sinus problem was just about resolved, now it is back again with a vengence. The facial pain is horrendous, as it is in the same area that was disturbed by my jaw surgery - so I feel like it just has had no chance to really recover and I have had no days for months where I have been free of facial pain. I really don't think I can endure it much longer, but no one is able to give me any options or help.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old December 5th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

VTJen....sorry to hear about your facial pain. When I had sinus surgery the doc made me use a bulb syringe to inject warm salt water into my sinuses. It was gross, but it made me feel so much better. Check with your doc. I hope you get some relief.....soon!

Not too cold in Baton Rouge, we are in the lower 50's with a high projected to the mid 60's so I really can't complain. I just wish I were on a tropical island somewhere! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Melody
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good Morning CM's
the weather in Florida is nice today.
I had to turn on the heat for the first time last night. Low was in the 50's
Today will warm up to high 70's.
Its the second day of Hanukkah.
nothing special planned.
Have a nice day.
Carole 8)
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Got up early today, and now the cat is sitting here up next to me as I catch up on the computer. If she doesn't eat my mouse wires, I'll be ok.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing so much pain. Wish I had a cure for you, but I will pray that you get some relief.

HAPPY HANUKKAH to all my Jewish friends.

Take care everyone, and those who aren't feeling well take especially good care of yourselves.

Phyll
Old December 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am looking out at a dull, gray day with lots of this:

I'm wishing that I was looking out at lots of this instead:

I'm sure most of you would agree!

Jen, sorry to hear you are still in pain. Hoping you get some relief soon!
I am taking myself to the doctor today too, this persistent cough is worse and I want to know if it's bronchitis or "just a virus".
So far this week, I've had a Snow Day, a Sick Day, and tomorrow, a Personal Day. Not much work for me this week!

donna
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............we're drying out......still lots of roads closed......sounds like I-5 south of us will be closed til at least Thursday.........maybe Friday.........glad we don't have to go south.....no way around it........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it is a sunny, nice day.

I slept in this morning, so I am slowing trying to wake up. I am working this afternoon, and all day tomorrow for a teacher that has been sick, and can't seem to shake it. Interesting story on this teacher. Years ago I worked for him, and the teacher who had the room next to him. One day I called the female teacher, and he answered the phone. I knew about there relationship long before anyone else, and had to keep it a secret.

I wrapped and wrapped yesterday. Jim usually does it, because I hate it, but I wanted to get it done. I only have a few other things to buy, and I am done.

Jen, I know you have suffered for so long. I hope good days are near for you.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Morning Hello

Good morning from Southern California. The weather mavens still predict a big rain this weekend.

Jen, I really hope you get some competent medical help soon.

We have four December birthdays! Just got invited to celebrate three of them for Saturday night. Because of my own health issues (which certainly are not as serious as Jen's ), I really don't want to go, that and the fact that I don't like driving at night in the rain.

Looks like all my CM's are having a slow start to the day, as I am. Anyway, have a good day, all.

Judy
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. Donna, that is quite a contrast in environments you have shown. Snow to sunny. Still nothing much to report about from here. I almost bought a quick cruise for this weekend but decided against it.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Admiral

RD, I really think I like your snow picture better than the beach one. Maybe that's because of where I am sitting right now. :-) In any case the snow one looks like a beautiful Christmas card.

Phyll
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Phyll, that's funny. It's just icicles on my lampost!
Actually, at night, with all the neighbours coloured Christmas lights lit up on the clean new snow, it's all very pretty.....when you not shovelling or trying to drive in it.....

donna
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Admiral

RD> REPLACE those bulbs with the energy-saving variety right away...

(so we can have more electricity to gouge the Americans with...)

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Cynic, you bring up a point. I used energy saver bulbs, and have them all over the house BUT, I keep having trouble with my out door ones. I bought the ones that are certified for out doors, and yet they never last me more than a winter in the cold. Summer is fine. The out door ones cost a pretty penny, for the sensor light ones, the larger ones. The company is right on the west island on Brunswick, and I keep returning them directly to them with the bill proving they are less than five years old. Get to be a pain going back once a year for new ones. I have spoken to others and they are having the same problem for winter use. I spoke to the women and now she says that the energy saver ones are not good in very cold weather ( hello, it's Canada) and gave a list of "optimal" conditions. I am wondering when they are going to make a blub that is energy saver that can stay on most of the night. ( she said that they should not be on for more than 6 hours a night in cold weather) The other problem place I have is the dinning light which is on a dimmer. They now make ones for dimmer switches, but they are HUGE and cannot fit into the lamp, yet they say in five years time they wont allow the sale of regular bulbs? Like I said I switched every thing else in the house to energy saver, and they are easier to replace as they are smaller, but those are my two problem spots. I have actually gone back to conventional bulbs out side for the sensor light as I dont like that it is not reliable in the cold. I dont have the problem with regular light. Any suggestions??
Old December 5th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Stay with the conventional bulbs.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.