CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   We bought another car (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304921)

MichelleP December 6th, 2005 10:09 AM

We bought another car

Well, not car so much as SUV. 2005 Chevy Tahoe with the Police package. 1800 miles. We're very excited!

Here's the eBay listing. (The auction ended when they sold it to someone else, but that deal fell through. Mark persistently called them and yesterday they called him to let him know it was available again and he bought it.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...spagenameZWDVW

The police package means it is very fast, plus is built to last much longer than a normal vehicle.

Now we're trying to figure out how to get it from Dallas to Orlando.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

TexasFyre December 6th, 2005 10:11 AM

It's just a 2 day from here to Orlando, take a flight then drive it back. You are very brave to buy off Ebay for a car. I have heard so many horror stories. Let me know how it goes.

MichelleP December 6th, 2005 10:11 AM

By the way, that means we have two vehicles we are about to put up for sale... a 1999 Lincoln Town Car and a 2001 Ford Explorer. They're great-running cars. Please let me know if anyone is interested in either car.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

TexasFyre December 6th, 2005 10:14 AM

I am in the same boat...My husband told me 5 cars was just to many to have for 2 drivers. Guess we will be selling off 2 as well.

Sailing gal December 6th, 2005 12:59 PM

I am driving around in a piece of junk with the antifreeze now leaking out and I think the transmission is going on it. Plus it clangs because the converter cover guard is falling off.

DM is waiting on money that we discovered Uncle had in two bank accounts in the unclaimed funds account in D.C. DM says she will give me her car if she gets the money. Maybe all these years of driving her around is coming back to me. But, if not, just the joy of helping her out is enough.

K

TBug December 6th, 2005 02:49 PM

Michele;

You better pray gas prices keep going down with that puppy with a police package. I can hear the sucking sound from here! :shock:

Karen: I hope that turns out for you. You deserve it!

gb52877 December 6th, 2005 03:57 PM

I do hope you went and looked at the vehicle or at least used a credit card. I know of someone who lost $5000 cash trying to buy a car on ebay. Not the brightest person I know. I hope everything works out for you.

bigjohn461 December 6th, 2005 05:30 PM

The next one I buy will be an Audigofaster...I like the one you picked out Michelle.

MichelleP December 6th, 2005 06:12 PM

We've both bought and sold cars on eBay with no problems. We always make sure we buy through real brick-and-mortar dealerships who use eBay as one arm of their business.

As for the gas, it's DH's car, so he has to worry about the gas, not me. LOL

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Tide Pride December 6th, 2005 09:16 PM

Congrats on your good deal. Hope it gives you many years of good service. How is your car working out ???

Regards,
Ben

Cruise Cynic December 7th, 2005 05:07 AM

I've always said you do way too much earnin' and not enough spendin'. Good job on the spendin' part.

Although.......................................... .................................

Quote:

plus is built to last much longer than a normal vehicle.
-That sounds like something a dealer might say.

TexasFyre December 7th, 2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

plus is built to last much longer than a normal vehicle.
This is true though. Before my husband started his own business, he was a mechanic for The Ford company. Police cars are built much stronger then normal, with much better cars.

On the down side though, the gas mileage is worse since it is a High performance car.

You got a good vehicle.

MichelleP December 7th, 2005 10:41 AM

Thanks all.

Cynic, it's true. The Tahoe has auxilliary coolers on every liquid that absorbs heat (engine oil, transmission oil, power steering, etc.) It is designed to be able to idle for four hours. This truck is designed to last over 250,000 miles.

Ben, I'm really enjoying my car. It's fun and zippy.

Cheers,
Michelle P.