Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old July 19th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Default Missing girl in Aruba

Guess they found some blond hair strands stuck to duct tape on the other side of the island. A park ranger found them while cleaning up the area. They are being sent out for DNA tests. No one is saying how long it will take for the results.

Post Edited (07-19-05 09:41)
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Re: Missing girl in Aruba

Cheryl,

I hope something comes of this tape, for the sake of all the families, but I am afraid that this poor young girl is gone. I wonder if the storm (Emily) might end up playing a role in all this. The water was churned up pretty good, will it give up more clues?
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Lynne &Trevor

There are some caves on that side of the island which is the opposite side from where the search was done. Also, one correspondent, when asked by Nancy Grace, said not to play to much into the duct tape. She didn't think it looked old enough to be out there for over 30 days. But, she's no expert. Eventually, the sea does give up some of what it takes. I hope the family gets some closure at some point. Lynne

Old July 19th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Cruisin K and J

My suspicion is that this girl is long gone from the island. That's why noone can find her. Really sad, but so irresponsible of the parents to let her go on this trip in the first place. Two supervisors for 125 kids? Gimme a break!

Judy
Old July 20th, 2005, 07:58 AM
BD2046

She was murdered, i think anyway. The thing is, people are wierd, the person who has done this, i can garuantee you, will have told someone, if not a few people. Aruba is very strongly Dutch influenced, even if this information does end up in the hands of a good citizen, it may be that they are not willing to turn one of their own over to the americans.
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:16 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Missing girl in Aruba

Americans seem to be forgetting that once you enter a foreign country you are under the jurisdiction of that country. Should you find yourself in a difficult situation NO your country can not bail you out.

Happy Traveling!

Carol