Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old September 7th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Default The Good , the bad and the messy

After finding out Thursday (thanks to a cruisemate posting) that our Sept 17th Summit Cruise is postponed several days due to mechanical problems(bad), we scrambled a bit and have alternate plans in place(good). Now all it has to do is sail on Sept 20 and I will make the most of this. We had a great weekend filled with lots and lots of children and grandchildren time(Good). In the meantime our modem busted so I have been begging internet time here and there until today(bad).
Logged in this morning to read the sad news about Pam(BAD). Headed for the office mens room to find the exhaust fan had a fire in it this weekend (bad) Melted plastic and soot all over (messy and bad) no serious damage, thank goodness it happened in a tile bathroom (good) .
A few minutes later our receptionist was hollering "call 911". It seems a staff member was suffering some sort of panic induced asthma attack due to some personal emotional pressures (bad). Ambulance etc (bad) (where is Big John when you need him?).
They don't teach you to deal with some of these things at PS 97 or in business school.

Looking at all this stuff , and after reading the hurricane Frances postings and the Pamda postings I realized that if we don't cruise next week I will be disappointed , but ,
putting things in the perspective of some of these other events , I'm way ahead of the game. I could live in Florida and my roof could be down the block and I could have water in my house up to the second floor. I am not suffering the loss of a dear spouse as one of our good friends is. My office and business did not burn to the ground (and it could have). Our staff member is home safely in the care of her family. I got to play with my grandchildren all 4 days of my long weekend.
So I miss a couple of port stops, I'm not happy, but relative to the important things,
not so important.
Just having a reality check I guess.
Happy cruising everyone.
Old September 7th, 2004, 05:53 PM
mara

Default Re: The Good , the bad and the messy

Papa Bill

You are so right!! Enjoy your stay in Vancouver, you will love it.
Everyone remember, don't sweat the small stuff because around the corner could be BIG stuff.
Enjoy what you have and remember the people that are in turmoil.

Mara
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Bill...
Knew there was a reason I liked you!! <G>

Though the small stuff may "piss us off", the big picture trumps it all.

Old September 7th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Admiral

PapaBill, you are a wise man, and you have said it well. It's good to hear that you have another cruise to look forward to. I'm sure glad your office didn't burn down either.

Phyll

Old September 7th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Admiral

PapaBill, Remember if you need further info about Vancouver ,please email me. Have a good trip!! Hope the good weather returns for you!!

Old September 8th, 2004, 08:44 AM
VTJen

Thanks for reminding us to keep things in perspective!

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old September 8th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Admiral

You are so right PB.

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 8th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Here I am PapaBill...I am a day late and got $2 in my pocket...I am so glad your building did not burn down and I know exactly what you are talking about when you say that everything needs to be in perspective..Like Phyll said..You are a wise man and I totally agree with you.

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Papabill you said it all! Amen!!

Jeanne