Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old July 17th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning It's Saturday

Saturday morning, before 7AM and I'm out of bed. What's wrong with this picture? It promises to be a beautiful day here on Long Island. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but that's another day, we'll just go ahead and enjoy this one.

I'm getting ready to go to a local diner where my boss is holding a Hula Hoop contest that will be covered by local LI radio and television stations. One thing about this job it is never boring. Should be lots of fun.

Later today it's gonna be pool time. I do love summer.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning It's Saturday

Good morning everyone:
Seeing as yesterday I did the house cleaning Betty is taking me to the movies today. She always rewards me for good behavior. You should see what I get when I paint the house. :-)

Tweety: Have fun at the Hula Hoop contest: I think I have a picture of you doing the hula hoop on Serenade. Yeah, here it is:

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Hi Tweety..Its raining here in Columbus, Ohio. What type of job requires you to go to a hoola hoop contest, what is your job? Sounds like a fun one!
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Tweety, your job sounds as fun as mine - I get to go play at the park or in the splash pools everyday, and we have hoola hoops in the gym to boot!
Mike, I love your pic of Tweety! My, my, you have been a good boy - going to the movies!
Montreal looks good so far today, sunny and warm, although it was supposed to rain.
My plans today are to visit with Emma's (my dog) sister and her new puppy brother who belong to a friend of mine. Then my friend and I are planning to go to a local outdoor market that sells antiques, handicrafts, handmade furniture, knick-knacks and doo-dads. (a woman's shopping paradise!) So, I guess I'd better get started....

donna

Old July 17th, 2004, 08:57 AM
VTJen

I slept in today. Don't know how I did it. Husband and son were up at 5 to leave to work on the underground line extension for the Church parsonage. The dog even overslept. I'm usally awake by 4 am, though I get up a little later. Today I rolled out of bet at 8.

Yesterday was a wierd weather day, rain, sun (seperately and at the same time) off and on all day. Today is a a sunshiny day. It is already 71, so I guess summer is back. YEAH.

Yesterday my daughter's friend and I worked on her scrapbook all day. We are finally half done. She moves in less than two weeks. Hopefully we can get it done by the end of next week.

I've gotta drive my daughter to work, then head out and help the boys with the electric project.

The new puppy, Sammy is very cute!

Have a good day!

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004

p.s. BigJohn - when I was looking at the picture of the puppy I saw your picture of the boar. I'm overwhelmed. Do you really have those things roaming around down there like we have bear and deer and moose roaming around VT.
I'd never walk in the woods if I thought I'd have to stumble upon something like that.
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
It's 8:53AM here in Central Florida. I've been up since my usual 7:00AM--ah oh, my bod is now programmed not to sleep in late, even on Saturday! I agree with Tweety, what IS wrong with this picture?
The weather prediction is 60% rain today and tomorrow and according to the weather map and Tampa weather forecast, it is already moving in from the Gulf along the Coast, and it will hit us inland counties around 1PM. It's partly cloudy at the moment-sun from the East, and clouds moving in from the West. I'll be the Mall at the beauty salon by 1 and then might be able to shop some, so it shouldn' t bother me too much.Just so I can get to the car with perm intact! My son lives in Columbus, OH, so he's probably getting wet if he has to be out in the rain.

Tweety, your job does sound interesting. I was also going to ask what kind of job you have.That hula hoop picture is pretty nifty.

rollerdonna, way up there in Montreal, I'm sure you'll have a great day shopping.I do a lot of looking,but not too much buying.

Take care everybody. Have fun at the Movies!! Bye for now. Lynne
I think I might be the last late night poster from yesterday's AM greeting! Just wanted to remember you all before I turned in!

Old July 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Sounds like everyone has a busy day ahead. Our plans have been altered due to the rain. We were supposed to go to the Vintage Grand Prix...but the rain has ended that excursion. We are, however, still going to dinner and to see Momma Mia tonight...rain or no rain. We puppy sat Sammy last night. She is a sweetheart. I've posted some pics of her. You all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the HUMID Arizona desert. We're in that annual phenomenon called Monsoon, where the dew point goes way up, the humidity assaults you, and every day the thunderheads build up to the point that in the afternoon we have fierce wind and dust storms, followed by what can be torrential rain. The only problem is that the wind and the dust are usually valley-wide, but the rain falls tauntingly in only scattered areas, leaving people all around to say, "Hey, what about us? We need the moisture too!" And so it goes, that, this past week, the area where I live has been hit by wind and blowing dust daily, but only Tuesday night have we gotten any rain so far. Meanwhile, the forecast for the next few days calls for 105 degrees and above, high humidity, and that ever-elusive promise of rain for the select few! !

I don't know what hit me, but last night I came home from work, got online for a few minutes, then began to feel really dragged out. So I went to lie down "for a few minutes," got up again at 9:45 for an hour or so, and went back to bed and slept until 6:00 this morning! And I"m still yawning! If I didn't have to take Oscar the Shih Tzu to the doggy beauty shop in a little while, I'd go back to bed again! ! Talk about lazy bones!

Tomorrow we have tickets to go see our last-place Diamonbacks play at Bank One Ballpark. I don't care if they are in last place, we still love them and we're really looking forward to seeing them play live. If not for these plans, I would have seriously considered going to Orlando for the weekend - a day visiting Mickey and a day joining up with my fellow Cruise Mates! Oh well, I'll try to catch the next one!

Have a great Saturday Cruise Mates!

Old July 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I hardly slept last night, oy...BUT its a gorgeous day..what will I do .... Shop, go for a ride? What to do..what to do...Hmm, If I was closer i would go twirl a hoola hoop, with Twety..everyone, enjoy your weekend!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 17th, 2004, 09:43 AM
First Mate

Good morning all,
Beautiful here in NJ this morning. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so I will take advantage of today, I hope. Tweety, should I watch for you on the local news? Mike, think dh will help clean if I offer to take him to the movies? Must admit, never tried that approach. He just left for the gym. Says he will help when he gets back. Right!!! I've heard that one before. Anyway, have a great day all.
Bobbie
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy, cool, WI. Jennifer, come on up and see us. I can't even imagine sitting out for any ballgame in those temps that you are having.

ML, you are going to love "Mama Mia" if you haven't seen it before and even if you have.

Tweety, I think you are a perfect match for that job you have. Since you were bored with the retired life so quickly, I don't think you could have found a more perfect fit.

VT- sounds like you have way to quiet a day planned. Enjoy your more peaceful day.

Donna, I think you should take Trip along on the shopping spree today. I know you'd have a blast together at something like that.

Lynne, enjoy your day and stay safe in the storms.

Now it's back to the laundry for me.

Phyll

Old July 17th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! SUNNY in Calgary this morning, with temps forecast into the 90s F for the weekend.

It's off to work, yet again for me this morning. But only to clean up and catch up... so a few hours... and then back to the important stuff... golfing! <G>

28 sleeps and I'll be cruising again!

Tweet's interesting that people seem to think a job where your boss makes you jump through hoops is interesting.

Post Edited (07-17-04 09:02)
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Saturday to all, Hope everyone has a good weekend. i am nursing another flu bug, smmes the older I get the more I get! ugh....

Jeanne

Old July 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning form the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire!!! It is lovely here today sunny and breezy.
Your job sounds as fun as mine. I get to go to the beach and on picnics. we went on a sightseeing train this week along Lake Winnipesaukee. Soon we are going on a boat tour on the MS Mt Washington. Monday we all went to a movie and saw Garfield. Imagine getting paid for all this stuff and having the admission to these attractions paid too. Life is good!!!! I cant wait till the MtWashington Cruise, it will have to tide me over till November.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 17th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone............work is on the agenda for me today (what else is new! )

As Phyll said it is cloudy and cool here today - almost unheard of for mid July in Wisconsin, but hey it beats 90's and the high humidity any day.

Have a great day everyone!

Old July 17th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning folks. DW woke me up by tossing our Shih Tzu on the bed who kissed me endlessly. She then tossed me old shirt and shorts to start my fun morning of painting and lawn work. At least there is a party on tap tonite!

Everyone have a great one!

Crown Princess March 2017
Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:05 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Good Morning It's Saturday

Good morning from Southern California where the sun is shining.

Donna, your shopping excursion sounds like a good idea. Keith has been sitting around too much, so I think I'll take him to the mall for a good walk. Much too hot to do it outdoors . . . gonna be over 100 today inland.

The puppy's really cute.

Have a good day, everyone.

J.
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.....we've been up and at 'em already this morning. Dave and I went to the high school and cleaned out the concession stand in anticipation of band camp starting on Monday. Here we go again with another marching band season.....will be wierd since our daughter graduated but our son is just as involved.
Having a bunch in for dinner tonight....hope the rain rains itself out by then.

Angela Z. who is looking forward to Bahama Breeze tomorrow!
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny, will -be -hot Vancouver and... I don't have to work! Thought we would go do something today, but now I would just like to hang around here-maybe go swimming in the outdoor pool close by. Maybe go get a Starbucks Espresso Frappuccino later today!
Sounds like everyone is doing good today except Jeanne:hope you feel better soon!
Have a great day and take care everyone. Bye for now!