Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old August 24th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Admiral

Default Waking up ....

to the most WONDERFUL sound ... THUNDER !!!

We've been almost five weeks without rain. Things cooled off a bit today, so we had open windows. The thunder-bellow raised me right up off the sheets.

Don't know if we will have any appreciable rainfall but the boomers and the blessed sound of rain in the RainForest were worth getting up for.

This may mean that Queeg will not have to risk arrest as a scofflaw for sneaking about in the night watering some of our ancient (50+ years) rhododendrons. Somehow I love the idea that we have bushes older than I am.

Have a great weekend, everyone. I will be the one asleep.

Old August 24th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Waking up ....

well .. guess it's good night to Pamda! And Good Morning to all the other CruiseMates!
We had the thunder, lightening and hail a couple of nights ago. Today the sun is shining brightly in Calgary.. and we're heading for temps in the 90s.

Think I've mostly beaten my summer cold so may even get out of the house to enjoy it.

Old August 24th, 2002, 12:18 PM
First Mate

i love thunderstorms, to sleep, but not to drive in. If it's the weekend and I wake up to a boomer, I just pull the sheets up and go right back to sleep just like Pamda is doing!!!
Old August 24th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Pam.
SO glad you finally got some much needed rain, now you won't have to risk being arrested by the "water" police :-) Hey, lets see some pics of those ancient plants!!!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 24th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Well, Donna ...

If I still had a digicam ...

We did get the insurance check last week and Queg is busily determining the specs for the "new toy."

Mike ... it did NOT ruin my sleep. It was welcome and wonderful and I gloried in it.

Thanks, tho, for the offer of the "file cake" recipe.