Old June 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM
hcat

Default Zenith & Horizon

Are these ships both the same in terms of layout & general condition & cruise experience? Is one better than the other? They are the only choices offered to Bermuda so we are wondering ......I think only one of them leaves from Bayonne Not sure we could do ths without a balcony but want to stay with celeb if at all possible.......
Old June 9th, 2005, 07:18 PM
JSH

Default Re: Zenith & Horizon

Same ship. Zenith out of New York and Horizon out of Norfolk and Phila.

And yes, you could survive without a balcony. There are worse problems in the world.
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
CruzCrazy

They have the best itinerary to Bermuda. Don't worry about not having a balcony. I would go with Celebrity. Just don't get a cabin under the kitchen galley, very noisy.
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:09 PM
Beginner

I was on the Horizon in May and it was WONDERFUL! I would just recommend you get an outside cabin. The ship is docked most of the time, so you aren't going to waste time in your room on a balcony--you'll be on the island. I absolutly recommend it.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
hcat

I hate to be indelicate--so skip this if you are eating lunch-- but some postings have alluded to bathroom backups on these older ships--could it be systemic or just an odd occurence? (had one on Connie once--shipwide--not pleasant but we all went off to port & it was cleared when we returned)
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
chrissieo

Default Re: Re: Zenith & Horizon

was just on the zenith a few weeks ago and we did have two occasions when the toilet wouldn't flush. once, we called immediately and left the cabin for dinner, and it was fixed when we returned. the other, we just left it and it flushed on its own in about 10 minutes. i have read that some people are really put off by this, but honestly, plumbing problems occur everywhere -- especially when there are so many pipes in one place -- and it really wasn't a big deal.
Old June 28th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Both the Zenith and Horizion do not have the same caliber of amenities as the newer larger ships. Pool, Gym, Theater, hot tubs, deck space all these things are smaller and more crowded. The food and service is great, it's just that the ships are old.
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Admiral

These are great ships. No soaring lobbies, no ice skating and no rock climbing .
The rooms are comfortable. No balconies. Nice theatre, disco does double duty during the day as the "other" big room for things to take place. A couple of nice lounges (how many do you need?). Good food and service a hallmark.
Outdoor area around pool has some sun and shade and jogging deck above extends the immediate area around the pool. Severl very nice quiet decks step down from the top deck on the stern. Great for quiet reading and sunning.
Both ships do a nice Bermuda itinerary.
Enjoy
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:00 PM
hcat

Sounds good--we will be looking into this trip--have not been to Bermuda in many yrs... Husb can golf & there's so many other things to do!
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:33 PM
hcat

P.S. Just heard that Horizon is leaving the Celeb fleet next yr to become part of another line. Wonder if Zenith will stay or go & if another ship will be added to the Bermuda itin--I wish it would be the Century. What do you think???
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:09 PM
hcat

Has anyone heard anyhting yet?
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Zenith & Horizon

Zenith is staying at least for awhile. Its going into drydock in October and has a schedule through 2006. I will be sorry to see the Horizon go, especially since there is not a new ship on order for Celebrity.

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere