Old November 11th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Barbie&Ken
Default Fantasy Oct 27th & Nov 1st 2008

Fantasy, What a terrible time !!!! WE took a back to back on the fantasy Oct.27.08 and Nov.1.08 our room was R172 the sewer Gas was so bad you could hardly walk down the hall.We smelled this on both legs of our cruise. We were told to wright and tell carnival about this matter because they had been having trouble with this sense dry dock, if this is SO then WHY did ALL OF US have to endure this terrible Stink Why didn't they get another ship to replace it or give us a chance not to go and refund our money Our ship after we left port around 8 pm we went a ground didn't get unstuck until 3 or 4 am We were told one of the motors went out and they were fixing it We heard pounding banging and scraping all the time at 4 am to 10 pm you couldn't sleep from the noise and the smell was sooooo bad Oct 27 the swimming pool was not working for 3 or 4 days. The new and inproved water park was not thought , through because if you go out side to have breakfast or lunch out side the buffet room on the side the water park is one floor up it over flows when the ship rocks, then it overflows down on to you. The food was not up to what we have been use to quilty was lacking don't know if it was just a cheaper grade of meats or what I Love to cruise and I love Carnival. But I'm Not sure if i will do my 10th cruise with carnival.

June o4 Eliation
May 05 Triumph
Nov 05 Conquest
Nov 06 Conquest
Aug 07 Fantasy
Aug 07 Fantasy
Nov 07 Conquest
Oct 08 Fantasy
Nov 08 Fantasy
May 05 ccl Triumph
Nov 05 rccl
May 06 princess
Nov 06 ccl Conquest
Aug 07 ccl Fantasy
Aug 07 ccl Fantasy
Nov 07 ccl Conquest
Oct 08 ccl Fantasy
Nov 08 ccl Fantasy
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Admiral

Ok first of all when you said that they should of got another ship to replace yours. What happens to everyone else on the other ship if they brought a new ship to you. They are having a lot of problems with the Fantasy and I don't know why. I am not taking there side, but I am saying don't give up on Carnival. I love cruising Carnival. Were there any good parts of your cruise???

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old November 12th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Admiral

Try one of the newer Carnival ships next time. That ship has seen its days and is now an old rust bucket. Bob
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtiki2005
Try one of the newer Carnival ships next time. That ship has seen its days and is now an old rust bucket. Bob
Yeah you should try a newer ship next time becuase the Fantasy is 18 years old.

Past Cruises:
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
First Mate

Okay, I was on the ship over halloween and feel I need to set things straight from my own point of view. First, reagrding "getting stuck". We were all told that there was a problem with the ships propulsion system after being on the Mississippi river for about two hours or so. We were told by the CD, that he did not want to over simplify things but it was "about like fixing a flat tire.' (I think he failed in not trying to over simplify the problem.)
There was alot of loud banging which I could easily hear in my cabin, M38.(Just above another posters cabin, Ainsley)
The ship was anchored and had a tug holding us in place until the repairs were finished. Which was sometime early morning. The sewer gas was bad. In fact, my wife and I would hold our breath and run to our cabin to escape it. I complained on three occassions when it would seep into our cabin. The steward would spray, but it would come back. It seemed worse while sailing and better in port. One housekeeping staff person told us that there was a leak in a pipe.
The swimming pool was always "working" during the cruise except during the evening when they drain it. The water was too cold for most of us and very few braved it. The water did slosh about from time to time because we did rock more than usual. I never saw or heard of any time when this caused water to drip on anyone. The waterworks was functioning fine as I went down the new slide a few times myself. It was pretty cold and did not get used heavily until the last sea day.
The food was wonderful just as with any Carnival cruise. The mongolian grill was outstanding.
Even with the smell, it was another great cruise. I suggest the poster could have fatigue from back to back cruises, and wonder why if it was so bad, they did not get off after the first one?
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjeff
Okay, I was on the ship over halloween and feel I need to set things straight from my own point of view. First, reagrding "getting stuck". We were all told that there was a problem with the ships propulsion system after being on the Mississippi river for about two hours or so. We were told by the CD, that he did not want to over simplify things but it was "about like fixing a flat tire.' (I think he failed in not trying to over simplify the problem.)
There was alot of loud banging which I could easily hear in my cabin, M38.(Just above another posters cabin, Ainsley)
The ship was anchored and had a tug holding us in place until the repairs were finished. Which was sometime early morning. The sewer gas was bad. In fact, my wife and I would hold our breath and run to our cabin to escape it. I complained on three occassions when it would seep into our cabin. The steward would spray, but it would come back. It seemed worse while sailing and better in port. One housekeeping staff person told us that there was a leak in a pipe.
The swimming pool was always "working" during the cruise except during the evening when they drain it. The water was too cold for most of us and very few braved it. The water did slosh about from time to time because we did rock more than usual. I never saw or heard of any time when this caused water to drip on anyone. The waterworks was functioning fine as I went down the new slide a few times myself. It was pretty cold and did not get used heavily until the last sea day.
The food was wonderful just as with any Carnival cruise. The mongolian grill was outstanding.
Even with the smell, it was another great cruise. I suggest the poster could have fatigue from back to back cruises, and wonder why if it was so bad, they did not get off after the first one?
From what you and Ainsley say it doesn't seem that bad. Yeah the could of got off after the first cruise and Carnival would of refunded there money. Also they could of got off at the first port of the first cruise and Carnival would of still refunded their money becuase of the Vacation Guarentee. They would of also flown them back at Carnival's expense.

Past Cruises:
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Barbie&Ken

AS You All can see we are not a first time cruiser's And we were told to post on comment cards by the staff I love to cruise and was looking forward for many months , for this back to back cruise my Ken is a viet nam vet and we both still work and work hard for our little pennies that we save to have a wonderful vacation and thats why we been using Carnival we did a back to back Aug 07 was very pleased buttttttt it was the STAFF that told us they had been having great problems right after Dry dock, WHAT i'am trying to say is IF Carnival was aware of this problem for weeks WHY would?? they let it go on or give us a chance to have changed our plans weeks before sailing this was never a option AND believe it or not I didn't and wasn't aware of the MONEY BACK but thank you ( I DO KNOW NOW REALLY TY ) And I truly though if the Staff said they was fixing it then it would be ok but i feel sorry for the R3 to R 200 because more closer to the front it was unbearable Sewer Gas smell ( Carnival ), i'am almost sure they have a spare tire Ship that they could have put us on, so WE all could go on with our Vacation FUN . You know unforseen things do happen. You see i guess i never though about jumbing ship BUT we were Never ask if we didn't want to go the 2nd leg didn't think i had that choice.
May 05 ccl Triumph
Nov 05 rccl
May 06 princess
Nov 06 ccl Conquest
Aug 07 ccl Fantasy
Aug 07 ccl Fantasy
Nov 07 ccl Conquest
Oct 08 ccl Fantasy
Nov 08 ccl Fantasy
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ainsley

I was on the oct 27th sailing and my cabin was r37 my parents were in r41 and my cousin and her hubby were in r27. honeslty the smell was bad but if your spending all your time in your cabin our hallway for that matter there is something wrong. I also spent ALOT of time on the aft Lido sitting area overlooking serenity. thats where me and my 6 friends were at pretty much at all times throughout the day, that was our "meetup" spot because looking for each person was too hard. My cruise was amazing. Honestly I think that was by far the best cruise I have taken. You cant let things like that get to you. Carnival I'm sure is fully aware of any problems because there is hundreds of passengers every week. You have to make the best of any situationa and if you are going to stop cruising because of an 18 year old ship thats been completely through it there is something wrong. I am 18 years old and believe me I fully understand the money situation. I have had a job since I was 15 years old. I am currently paying whats left of the charges from the cruise. I told my parents if they booked it I would pay for mine and my sisters fares and we made the deal so we all went. So I know as well as anyone. But dont post a bad review for just minor problems. You act like you didnt enjoy your cruise not one bit and I'm sure its the opposite. If you have been on a decent number of cruises then I'm sure that you love cruising as much as I do and I know you arent going to give it up after that. I also am going to go with what the rest of the people on here are saying ****Go on a NEWER ship!**** that does make the worlds difference. The Conquest and Legend are my favorite ships but the Fantasy I cannot wait for it to come to Mobile so I can sail as much as possible once in college.

-Ainsley
Carnival Conquest-02.22.04
Carnival Conquest-02.06.05
Carnival Legend-3.25.06
Royal Caribbean Sovereign OTS-4.16.07
Carnival Fantasy 4.28.08
Carnival Fantasy 10.27.08
Norwegian Pearl 3.13.11
Carnival Elation 11.14.11

Future Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 5.21.12
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainsley
I was on the oct 27th sailing and my cabin was r37 my parents were in r41 and my cousin and her hubby were in r27. honeslty the smell was bad but if your spending all your time in your cabin our hallway for that matter there is something wrong. I also spent ALOT of time on the aft Lido sitting area overlooking serenity. thats where me and my 6 friends were at pretty much at all times throughout the day, that was our "meetup" spot because looking for each person was too hard. My cruise was amazing. Honestly I think that was by far the best cruise I have taken. You cant let things like that get to you. Carnival I'm sure is fully aware of any problems because there is hundreds of passengers every week. You have to make the best of any situationa and if you are going to stop cruising because of an 18 year old ship thats been completely through it there is something wrong. I am 18 years old and believe me I fully understand the money situation. I have had a job since I was 15 years old. I am currently paying whats left of the charges from the cruise. I told my parents if they booked it I would pay for mine and my sisters fares and we made the deal so we all went. So I know as well as anyone. But dont post a bad review for just minor problems. You act like you didnt enjoy your cruise not one bit and I'm sure its the opposite. If you have been on a decent number of cruises then I'm sure that you love cruising as much as I do and I know you arent going to give it up after that. I also am going to go with what the rest of the people on here are saying ****Go on a NEWER ship!**** that does make the worlds difference. The Conquest and Legend are my favorite ships but the Fantasy I cannot wait for it to come to Mobile so I can sail as much as possible once in college.

-Ainsley
Yeah you are right if they are looking for a nicer ship, go on a newer one.

Past Cruises:
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie&Ken
AS You All can see we are not a first time cruiser's And we were told to post on comment cards by the staff I love to cruise and was looking forward for many months , for this back to back cruise my Ken is a viet nam vet and we both still work and work hard for our little pennies that we save to have a wonderful vacation and thats why we been using Carnival we did a back to back Aug 07 was very pleased buttttttt it was the STAFF that told us they had been having great problems right after Dry dock, WHAT i'am trying to say is IF Carnival was aware of this problem for weeks WHY would?? they let it go on or give us a chance to have changed our plans weeks before sailing this was never a option AND believe it or not I didn't and wasn't aware of the MONEY BACK but thank you ( I DO KNOW NOW REALLY TY ) And I truly though if the Staff said they was fixing it then it would be ok but i feel sorry for the R3 to R 200 because more closer to the front it was unbearable Sewer Gas smell ( Carnival ), i'am almost sure they have a spare tire Ship that they could have put us on, so WE all could go on with our Vacation FUN . You know unforseen things do happen. You see i guess i never though about jumbing ship BUT we were Never ask if we didn't want to go the 2nd leg didn't think i had that choice.
Carnival does not have a spare ship. That would be too hard and costly becuase they would need one of each class. Also how would the staff move all their things to the new ship and it would take a while to get it to the place they need it to go. Also why would they just have a ship that sits around they would be loosing money doing that.

Past Cruises: