Old June 21st, 2005, 07:58 AM
Mary Lou

Default Drop off and pick up

Is anyone familiar with the set up for picking someone off at the NYC port? Is there anyway to know how the ship disembarks - should we park in the lot or can we wait along the curb? Any informatino would be helpful.....thanks!
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Drop off and pick up

i would suggest that you go to the New York Port Authority's website and see if you can find that information there, if not i am sure that the Port Authority has a number that you can call.
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Drop off and pick up

It is not a good set up for picking someone up with a car. You cannot park at the curb and get out of the car and cannot sit in the car and wait for someone.
Picture in your mind the worst pick up and drop off you have ever seen at an airport. Then multiply it by the congestion of downtown NY.
Here is what I suggest. If the person can walk a few blocks with the luggage then go to the parking lot for the Circle line at 42nd Street and the River and park the car. Walk down to the pier and agree to meet the person OUTSIDE on the curbside on whatever level (should be upper) that people are disembarking. Meet them curbside, and walk south to your car.
You can do the same by parking across the West Side Highway (West Street) in a parking lot in the high 40's or low 50's .
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Drop off and pick up

Hi Mary Lou, we are also using the New York Pier for a June 27 cruise to Canada. We hired a Limo to pick us up at home and take us to the pier and then come get us next Saturday and bring us home, we just added it to our cruise budget. We live about 2-3 hours from pier, but would not attempt the drive, park and city streets. The Limo company did not at all seem fazed about going there, just that when were getting off the ship, to call him with our cell and he'll "swing around" and get us, he'll be parking nearby. Good Luck...Faith
Old June 21st, 2005, 01:23 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: Re: Drop off and pick up

Thank you very much........this is quite helpful!!
Old June 21st, 2005, 01:25 PM
Mary Lou

Default Re: Re: Re: Drop off and pick up

Thanks Faith. At this time there is no way we can do anything about a limo - I'll keep it in mind for the future though. :-)