Old November 7th, 2002, 06:41 AM
kaleartist

Default carnival pride sailing

we will be sailing the carnival pride western caribbean 11/23/02. i'd like some advice on the shore excursions to avoid or sign up for in belize and progresso/merida.we were considering the cave tubing/rain forest in belize and does carnival still offer the reef club beach break in progresso/merida?all feed back will be greatly appreciated. there will be 12 of us and i got designated to be the travel guide. thanks much kaleartist
Old November 7th, 2002, 01:51 PM
DeAnn

Default Re: carnival pride sailing

I've seen some online photos of the Cave Tubing excursion. Looks like it would be fun. BTW I will be on the same cruise, deck 7, full aft, corner.
Old November 7th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Log onto Carnival.com and email them requesting a copy of the tours for your sailing to be faxed to you (as long as you have access to a fax machine). I did this last night, and received my 13 pages this noon time for the Legend's Exotic Western itinerary.

We planning to do the Cave tubing with Reggie @ $65pp at Belize. Less money, less people and more caves. It is recommended that you book tours and not plan to just roam around on your own in these new and undeveloped areas.
Bon Voyage
Old November 7th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: carnival pride sailing

How do we contact Reggie about the cave tubing?
Old November 8th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: carnival pride sailing

Try this web page address: Regtour.com

Reggie Trapp has been getting good reviews on Belize Cave tubing tours. He now has a new land tour available as well. If this site does not work, email me and I will get the address from my home computer file. His vans are airconditioned and fit 15 people. He tries to get a group together before you sail so you don't have to wait long on the pier. He does require cash$.
Bon Voyage
Old November 8th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Linn

I just returned from the Carnival Pride- Western Carribean. It seems like a dream now- it was wonderful.
Belize- we did the shark ray alley stingray tour- it was wonderful- be ready for a 1 hour fast boat ride to the barrier reef- we snorkeled for about an hour and then continued to the farthest island north called San Pedro- there, they served us lunch at "Wet Willey's" drank Belize beer and ventured on our own for a short while in their community -
I understand it is the only place you can buy a real Cuban cigar - also there is grocery store near the pier if you are interested in some refreshments !!!!
Progresso- we went to the Maya Indian ruins- although it was a rainy, overcast day, it was wonderful. It is a two hour nice, greyhound style bus ride deep into the Yucatan to find the ruins. It was a relaxing way to spend the last day at a port- we had 45minutes on our own- we managed to find once again a cold Corina- everyone feel asleep on the way home- it was a good sleep or if you stayed awake, a nice way to see the interior of the Yucatan- climbing the ruins was unreal- they would never let you do that here in the States-
So much to choose from- since you cannot book before, ask the purser, they are knowledge about the excursions, or they were helpful for us.
Have a great time-
Old November 8th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Passenger

HI! WE WENT ON THE CAVE TUBING IN APRIL- JUST GREAT! YOU DONT WANT TO MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SEE BELIZE ( BUS RIDE) AND THE RAIN FOREST! THE CITY IS VERY DEPRESSED AND POOR- NOTHING TO DO THERE. WE ALSO WENT TO CHICHEN ITZA (WE SAY CHICKEN PIZZA!) IN MERIDA. THAT WAS SO NEAT-ALL THE OLD RUINS AND DONT MISS THE CLIMB UP THE LARGE PYRAMID! THIS IS ALL NEW PORTS FOR CARNIVAL BUT WE DID ENJOY THEM- A TOUCH OF THE OLD AND NOT AT ALL TOURISTY (YET!!) ENJOY! WE ARE SAILING EASTERN PRIDE IN MAY 2003.
Old November 10th, 2002, 06:14 AM
kaleartist

hi deann,
we'll be on the 8th deck forward. we have early seating,party of 12 hopefully they'll seat us all together. 13 days to go can't wait!
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:28 PM
DFritz

Can you tell me a little more about the excursion to Belize's Shark/Ray Alley Snorkel tour? Price? Can someone who doesn't swim complete this tour successfully? Also, how do you get back into the boat after snorkeling.......stairs, pull yourself up, what?
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:29 PM
DFritz

Default Shark/Ray Alley Snorkel Tour-Belize

Can you tell me a little more about the excursion to Belize's Shark/Ray Alley Snorkel tour? Price? Can someone who doesn't swim complete this tour successfully? Also, how do you get back into the boat after snorkeling.......stairs, pull yourself up, what?