Old April 22nd, 2006, 01:28 AM
Beginner

Default Gold mine tour in Juneau.

Hi All,
We are planning our first cruise for this July. It will be two adults, a 12year old and a 6 year old. We are considering the gold mine tour in Juneau. Anyone know anything about this?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Yukon Send a message via Yahoo to Yukon

My wife and I went on the tour last September and were disappointed - the guy who drove the bus was good and the guy who did the underground tour was extremely good (he was a former miner and underground mining instructor), but the girls who did everything else were terrible (typical "Princess parrots"). The gold panning was embarrassing it was so bad - gold panning with a little tin soup bowl For $10-12 it would be worth going anyway, but not for $55 or whatever it was.

Murray
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Gold Mine Tour

We did this tour last June and loved it. Keep in mind I have family members that were miners and the area I live in manufactured a lot of the heavy equipment that is in the museum. It was worth the cost of the tour to be able to show my uncle the pictures. If you are interested in mines themselves, you will love this tour. We did stop at the museum gift area which is where you pan for gold. Our instructor was really good about telling us about the panners. The bus dropped us off in town. To me if you aren't interested in mining, you won't be crazy about this tour. I know a lot of people really enjoyed whale watching in Juneau.