View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Captain

Default Happy Veteran's Day and Remembrance Day for my Canadian Frie

I just returned from a very moving and humbling experience, our city’s “Veteran’s Day’ Ceremony. I had the honor to represent the Desert Storm veterans, while my oldest son represented the Iraq Freedom veterans. As we were walking up to the ceremony, I looked around and all I saw were the headstones of past veterans. I then realized that I was walking on hallowed ground amongst the souls of heroes. I had the opportunity to talk to 2 gentlemen who had fought during World War II. As I was finishing up talking to them and listening to their amazing stories. I thanked them for their service to our great nation and for making the word a better place for my generation. What great men they are, they are my heroes. I really felt unworthy when they thanked me for my service. As I listened to the guest speaker, I thought about how blessed I was to be living as a free man in a free country, sitting next to me safe and sound was my oldest, home from Iraq. I though of many friends, some who came home a few who did not. I have a beautiful and loving wife who has been at my side every step of the way. Life is good. When I place my flower on the altar in memory of my fellow Desert Storm veterans many memories came flooding into my mind, as I saluted, I said a small prayer for all veterans past, present, and future. I was home, safe and proud to be a combat veteran, proud to be a soldier and very proud to be an American. As they were raising the flags I looked between the flagpoles and their I saw two hawks floating on the air with a magnificent blue sky with white fluffy clouds providing the background. We are so lucky to be living in this world.

God Bless our veterans and their family members.

John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012