View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2000, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Default RE: Luggage and packing

Buying a 30 inch suitcase may seem practical but it will get very heavy. For a cruise, you always need a carry-on which should hold one change of outfit for when you board i.e. shots, t-shirt, slacks & top (especially if the climate is totally different from your home), your medication/personal products kit (ladies makeup & hair supplies), jewelry and camera, also a change of underwear, hose, night clothers (pj's) and a swim suit and change of shoes. Plus don't forget your favorite book for the plane, travel doc's and anything you could not buy once on board. This is beacuase your luggage may not arrive at your cabin until later in the evening when you are at dinner or you must need to change into more climate acceptable clothes. If you are traveling as a couple, I highly recommend a total of 3 pieces of checked luggage for a 7 night cruise, plus each with a carry-on. Two 26"-28" suitcases (his & hers) plus a garment bag. As a couple I recommend that you always pack one formal outfit including shoes, one casual outfit including a pair of shoes, one swim suit, and one shorts set in the other person'a luggage. Usually only one suitcase would gets lost if any get lost at all. The overall record of lost luggage is very good for cruising. Try e-bags.com for comparable price quotes on luggage.
Bon Voyage