View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 11 yr old + scuba-loving dad=? cruise

I wasn't sure whether to post this question on this board or the one for first time cruisers. I've almost talked my husband into taking our first cruise during the first two weeks of October 2002 when our 11 year old daughter has a break from school. It will be our first family vacation without our son (who will then be a freshman in college.) I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me about the best cruise "fit" for our family. I would like to find a cruise that has a great children's program at that time of year-- and one that actually has other children around her age on board. (We have year round school in our area. Sometimes when we've vacationed we've met lots of families with pre-schoolers but not so many with school age kids.) Also, my husband loves to scuba dive and he would love to have the opportunity to do some diving. One local travel agent suggested the Disney Wonder. Our American Express agent suggested a Princess Cruise to the Western Caribbean. A friend suggested a 7 day cruise to Mexico from Los Angeles (because we live in Northern California and wouldn't have to add the cost of airfare.) It's all new to me, so I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me.