The cruise was amazing for me and my wife both in thirties. But let me start from the air flight, which was a nightmare delivered by American Airlines:
1. Flight from JFK to Madrid was delayed for 5 hours. As a result we missed our connection flight to Malaga
2. Of course baggage was delayed and delivered only next morning about an hour before we were leaving to the sea port. So here is the conclusion: arrive to the embarkation port at least 1-2 days before the cruise starts.
3. Our flight back to US was late too. And again same story and even worse: last flight cancelled no meal/accommodations from AA and delayed baggage again. No excuse and nothing reimburse from AA.
Luckily as it was so bad in the air, it was extremely good in the sea: only pros:
1. Embarkation/disembarkation smooth and fast.
2. I was surprised but shore excursions were great and not pricey at all. E.g $50 per person for 4 hours Palma de Majorca City tour. I can compare because we also took a separate tour in Toledo from different tour operator: much worse and expensive. Tour was probably designed for American teens: a lot of useless entertainment, lack of historical information etc.
3. Food was great, European style. Windjammer café was crowded sometimes, but it does not really matter because you can take food to your stateroom.
4. We had a balcony cabin, which was great. Everything worked fine. That's a big plus to me, since I still remember Carnival cruise on Imagination we took 3 years ago with no working air conditioner in the cabin.
5. Maybe entertainment was not as good as expected, but it pertains only to production shows. Ice show was superb.