Just got back from Alaska. We had a balcony stateroom on deck 10. I enjoyed everything about the cruise except:
1) Food & service great but the specialty restaurants weren't any better than the standard restaurants. Why charge an extra $10-12? Also, the specialty restarants seemed understaffed.
2) The coffee was poor in the buffet restarants. The Java bar had good coffee but the cups were one size--small. Would prefer different sizes like Starbucks.
3) Loved the internet cafe but a bit expensive ($0.75/min).
4) People celebrating special occasions received a nice parfait dessert after dinner but we didn't know about this till after we already had dessert. Then we had no room and the cabin's refrigerator was too small to hold it.
5) Sanctioned excursions were convenient but you can often do better buying direct (this applies to all the cruises I've been on).
On the plus side:
1) Bathroom had a built in hairdryer and the vacuum toilet flushed with a minimal roar.
2) Soundproofing between staterooms was very good.
3) Balcony Rooms--the only way to do Glacier Bay.
4) Freestyle cruising. No need for a monkey suit and eat when you want.
5) Refrigerator in room. Take your leftovers back for a snack later.