April 20, 2003
1. We did a pre-stay at the Amerisuites 17th Street the day before cruise. It was satisfactory. On the morning of the cruise, we took a taxi to the ship vice using the Amerisuites shuttle. We would recommend taxi (8 dollars) because the shuttle is very busy and time consuming.
2. We arrived at the ship at 1045 and normally would have been processed and aboard by 1115 BUT Customs found drugs in bags of departing cruisers. At least thats what we were told. This delayed embarkation until approximately 1230. Even with the delay, embarkation was really smooth.
3. The ship is beautiful. Flowers everywhere, very friendly staff and well appointed interior. We found the ship to be just right. Not over or under done as far as colors and decorations. We had a cat 2 balcony cabin with sliding glass doors. It was simply gorgeous! Light paneling and the use of mirrors made the cabin appear larger. We had 2 sitting chairs on the balcony...Deb asked our room steward (Ewa) to exchange one of the chairs with a lounge chair and it was done immediately.
4. Food in the Metropolitan Dining Room was outstanding. Our waiter (Jaime) and asst waiter (Bernadette) were wonderful. The last formal night, our table of 6 was joined by a ships officer (Christine) for dinner. It was very enjoyable, especially the 2 bottles of wine she ordered for the table :).
5. We dined in the Olympic dining room 1 night. It is very beautiful. We ate in the paneled room (panel from the Olympic...sister ship to the Titanic). We found the service to be outstanding. Sadly, we can't say the same for the quality of the food. We had Scampi wrapped in bacon and found it very bland. We enjoyed trying it but will not go on our future planned Millie cruises.
6. Lots to do on the ship. Lots of shops, Cova cafe, Casino etc... Overall we found the Poker Slots tighter on the Millie than the Century, Galaxy and Mercury. That said we still did pretty good. Deb invested 10 dollars in a machine on our last night at 2300 and an hour later cashed in 250 dollars .
7. While aboard we booked 2 future cruises on the Millie. Why? Because she has everything we like in a ship.
8. Highly recommend the Millie! The only downside to the cruise was an abundance of children aboard (560) but that was because of Easter break.